Lee How should we celebrate Robert E. Lee's Birthday at CWT??

I presume there'll be a special dispensation for me for the occasion, as well... having been born on a military base in Texas, Fort Hood, no less. As an added inducement, I'll also note that I have photographic evidence of my visiting the Alamo before I was even born. :smile: Well... technically, it's a photo of my mom, but I'm with her.
Mark, having visited the Alamo while in utero certainly gives you some bonus points! :D

Last edited:
Of course you can all come, this bash will be for native Texans, wannbe Texans, people who would like to be known as Texans, people almost born at the Alamo, people not born in Dallas, people born outside the boundries of the Red, Sabine,and Rio Grande Rivers, people born in former territories claimed by Texas,etc. etc. However, people from Oklahoma will be reviewed on a case by case basis :O o:.

Of course you can all come, this bash will be for native Texans, wannbe Texans, people who would like to be known as Texans, people almost born at the Alamo, people not born in Dallas, people born outside the boundries of the Red, Sabine,and Rio Grande Rivers, people born in former territories claimed by Texas,etc. etc. However, people from Oklahoma will be reviewed on a case by case basis :O o:.
I know one Okie that is going to be as mad as viking for that one.. :D I can also participate, once during our midsummer fest I talked to one guy from Texas. So I´m almost a Texan myself:dance: And wait, I know one honorary Auggie, and he is maybe a honorary Texan too. So I think with this list I can celebrate too.. Hmm.. What would people think here in Finland if I would fly Lone Star Flag and charge alone every uphill I find.. :running:

I know one Okie that is going to be as mad as viking for that one.. :D I can also participate, once during our midsummer fest I talked to one guy from Texas. So I´m almost a Texan myself:dance: And wait, I know one honorary Auggie, and he is maybe a honorary Texan too. So I think with this list I can celebrate too.. Hmm.. What would people think here in Finland if I would fly Lone Star Flag and charge alone every uphill I find.. :running:

I had a Finnish 4-H Exchange Student. So you count. :smile: Welcome, Honorary Texan--ask around. I can make you an Aggie, too.

Too funny, TinCan! :rofl:

Rebel from Finland,
Not to worry, your credentials are impeccable, if you suffered thru talkin to a Texan out of Texas consider yourself a hero to the cause. Carson reb, likewise, putting up with this bunch of Texans puts you in very good stead also.

I had a Finnish 4-H Exchange Student. So you count. :smile: Welcome, Honorary Texan--ask around. I can make you an Aggie, too.
Well Thank You Ma´am! And I remember that exchange student, was it Raili or Raija, and story about those fresh peaches. Almost every time I by peaches from store, I imagine what would real fresh peach taste like.

Well Thank You Ma´am! And I remember that exchange student, was it Raili or Raija, and story about those fresh peaches. Almost every time I by peaches from store, I imagine what would real fresh peach taste like.

Raila. And if you come here, you will have all the peaches you can stuff down. And peach ice cream, and cobbler....and some preserves to take home.

Good Lord, where are my manners? At the risk of having ghosts from the 3rd Arkansas haunt me forever, of course Arkansasans are welcome (is that a word....arkansasans?)

Expired Image Removed

I've got my imitation Confederate kepi cap set out and ready to wear in honor of General Lee's birthday tomorrow.

Attachments

• Confederate kepi.jpg
    Confederate kepi.jpg
    351.4 KB · Views: 208
Back