How much are

It all depends upon what is depicted in the image, individual soldiers or other subjects. They can be all over the place price wise. A little more information is needed.

It would depend on many things. type of image, dagguerrotype, Amber or tin, ferrotype cdv. Subject matter, is the person armed, Corp badge or other I’d emblems. Is it Id’ed with a name or unit etc. some times the cases are worth more then the image themselves. Especially larger thermoplastic union cases. A run of the mill tintype or cdv usually are quite affordable depending on where you buy. If a large or expensive purchase go with a established dealer. Save yourself headaches and troubles! Post a pic of the image if you have one many experts here! Lots of information!! But saying a ballpark price is quite difficult! So many factors

US CS armed unarmed Id size content so many different factors determine the price.

Ha you beat me mofederal lol! Important thing isn’t to buy what you like and are comfortable with its a great hobby!

True I usually buy what I like or collect, but either way it is a fantastic hobby, I like images, no matter what, but I can't always afford them. To some it is the hunt itself. I guess that is why I collect images of Civil War images. They are affordable to me.

I truly enjoy images! It’s not like today when people whip out a smart phone... haveing your image made was a BIG deal! And each is so unique! Some of my favorites are of period civilians! Like my aviator for example!

I agree different types of photo's, Some Confederate photos seem to bring more than others, also if they are armed. What type of arms, different type uniforms. So many people collect the photos for many different reasons and different interest.

Here are some examples from Heritage Auctions.
lf.jpeg
Custer half-plate ambrotype - $83,650.00
lf.jpeg
Custer sixth-plate tintype - $4,780.00
lf-2.jpeg
Lee CDV - $8,962.50
lf.jpeg
Grant CDV - $3,107.00
lf.jpeg
12 Confederate CDVs - $1,912.00
lf-2.jpeg
Pelham and Pegram CDVs $1,062.50

These auction prices include buyers premium. (Currently about 20%?).

Back