How did you get involved with reenacting/living history?

@Equestriangirl93 I'm an Indiana farm girl from a split family. My father is the second son of gentry down South a piece, my mother's an immigrant and I have six younger siblings. Father was cut off for wanting to be a doctor and for marrying my Mammeka.

I've been down South for some time with family and so I can read and write. Have a few books of my own as well. We don't forget where we're from, or what we are now. It's an odd mix...we can all dance, read and sing, but I can't sew very well. Every one of us is proud to be what we are, no matter what the others in town say.

Two brothers are off under the Confederate flag, my father is following the armies as best as he can, and I'm running the farm with my three sisters and an eight-year-old brother. My mother's poorly and so we do the best we can. Most folks don't like us because Indiana's Union...but we look after our own, including the poor young widow next door with her twin babies and ailing mother. Haven't gotten raided...yet. But we know how to hide our things. :smile:

My sweetheart is Union though...it's complicated!

That's as far as I've gotten. It's a work in progress, though growing up on a small family farm in real life helped immensely, as did my love of reading. Working on dates and general knowledge now...

Awesome!!! Love it!!!

Your story...... @2rivcob73 :smile:
hmmmmmmm...so i saw Gettysburg when I was 6 years old, my dad is a Marine so I was watching Gettysburg, Tora Tora Tora, Midaway, etc etc at an early age...But what really got me hooked was the Friend vs Friend subtext (and in research I found family vs family stories) that really hooked me into the civil war...then I though "how cool would it be to do that and be those guys out there portraying it" so when I was 14 I joined my local SUVCW Camp met some reenactors of the 2nd Rhode Island and have been doing it ever since.

Back