How did southern states keep Lincoln off their ballots?

OpnCoronet

Lt. Colonel
I was unaware that the Grimke Sisters were candidates of the Republican party. If you do not have any sources of Republican and Repub candidates being threatened or intimidated by Southerners just say so. I might can find some for you to use in the future.

My point was that if native southerners of bhe best families in their society, were forced to leave the South because of their beliefs on slavery, what can be southern attitudes to northerners, believed to hold even more extreme views?

I cited Lincoln's public address, and specifically addressed to southern listeners and readers, on that subject. That southerners may not have receive the word, is more likely to be due to southern interdiction of the U.S. mails and publication's of which their leaders disapprove.

Sesech

Sergeant
My point was that if native southerners of bhe best families in their society, were forced to leave the South because of their beliefs on slavery, what can be southern attitudes to northerners, believed to hold even more extreme views?

I cited Lincoln's public address, and specifically addressed to southern listeners and readers, on that subject. That southerners may not have receive the word, is more likely to be due to southern interdiction of the U.S. mails and publication's of which their leaders disapprove.

Southerners received the word. His address was printed in Southern Newspapers. What is a good source for the "southern interdiction of U.S. mails?