Hostilities Commence in the Charleston Harbor

Unfortunately, for Beowulf, history is about real events and real people, not an epic poem.
The Civil War was a real event, in which real people participated in and we have their thoughts, words and deeds.
Beowulf has shown little evidence that he actually knows anything of the historical events ithat occured at Charleston Harbor in the early monthos of 1861 and yet he wants to set himself up as a tryer or truth?

Who has been slandered? Because I called them 'reasonable' in your eyes, this is a slander? Or politically-corrected? Although 'wrong', in Northern eyes (or whosoever's eyes), calling them 'wrong' is not a slander, but 'reasonable' is a slander?
Perhaps you can recognize here where you are being non-responsive. I wrote that you "go on in your post to slander them."

"So, I change my style to a politically-corrected viewpoint, and one in which does not rely upon anyone you absolutely detest and believe to be wrong, entirely... (such as people who were actually THERE, and our former president, and et cetera)...

And I don't guess they rag on McPherson, Wiliam C. Davis, Cooper, and any of the other 'established' old heads in your world...

And they sit by and don't 'challenge back' when you speak with authority?"
My guess is that the above is not your attempt to compliment them, but to insult them as "pushovers.". And to imply that only pushovers are worth debating here is to insult all of us. I don't enjoy this criticizing, and I don't intend to engage in it any more. It'll make more sense just to ignore your self-serving rants. But you must have noticed that most everyone is having a hard time carrying on a meaningful discussion with you. It reminds me of a verse to a song (I don't know the title) that went something like: ...if you've been divorced nine times....maybe its you.

The rest of your drama post does not deserve a reply.

Cedarstripper

Set up the trial, and when I return, we shall begin opening arguments.

I'm so confused... in your last post the defense was resting, but then you wanted the JUDGE to call his next witness.. (it woudl appear you were "talking" to the judge) , now the trial hasn't even started yet? IT seems Wulfie is as confused about court room proceedings (which this isn't even a court room that's how confused he is!) as he is about the opening moments of the war.

IMO... IF it was Lincoln's aim to make the south fire the first shot (which I do not believe) Then the Southerners are the real morons for falling for it. Nope... the southern states were bent on war before Sumter even became an issue. Coincidence that the first shot was fired in the first state to secede? yeah right.... How many forts were in other states that could have been fired on first? First to secede, first to fire, not pure happenstance, and not Lincoln's doing.

Back