Hoping It's Visible To Others

JPK Huson 1863

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Ok, I almost came here to put this up last night but chickened out. Oh, I know, for anyone who sees it, most won't be able to, and then there'll be the whole explaining it away, etc. All I know is that one of the Gettysburg guides and my daughter-in-law's brother put a presentation together- they required guinea pigs, so I er- raised me hand ( trampling small children, wildlife, cats, dogs and houseplants in the process of getting to the front of the line ). Afterwards DIL brother took me to Peach Orchard, then 126th NY monument there by that eyesore. JPK Huson, my grgrgruncle fell at Gettysburg- kind of sacred stuff. Yesterday I finally had time to get the pics from my phone ( yes, phone- camera decided to die just as we hit the Wheatfield earlier ). I was clicking through the perfectly normal pics when this showed up. It's the 3rd of the monument I took- the other 2 show nothing- well one other does, will get to that.

'It' is to the right of the monument, there's trees. The fattest tree, go right again to the skinny tree. Right next to this tree, I'm sorry, is a faint, foggy FACE, wearing a hat. It's terribly obvious on our large monitor, would have missed it had I loaded these on my notebook.

Sceptic husband saw this immediatly, can't explain it and is fascinated. This is kind of a wierd photo- there's a few other 'things' in it, like something in the fat tree...... . This faint, foggy face is the thing which flattened me. I think everyone expects this kind of pic to contain a figure wearing bright red, jumping up and down waving at the camera, you know? If you can't see it, maybe back up a bit, kind of just look at the whole shot because when you do see it, it's pretty obvious.

I'd like to add that in another thread I mentioned I'd once, in high school, been given the job of making women look young again in their 50th wedding anniversary photos, at a photography studio. Swear on my good Lutheran Bible ( King James ) no funny business here, besides which I couldn't remember how if you paid me. Plus you'd have to know my husband- he'd laugh for 20 minutes then put the whole thing on Facebook for everyone else to have a good yuk-em-up about.

All these disclaimers just mean it gives me the willies to post this. There's another photo which gives me the major willies- something in it I just plain canNOT explain. If I don't get laughed off the forum for this one, might post it and plead piteously for help. Or whine- neither of which are at all attractive.

Copy of GettysburgHiThere.jpg

Ha! I know, right? No, sorry-UnicornForge nailed it the first time- isn't that wierd? It just is.That darn tree also looks completely different in the other 2 pics. When I get home from all the usual Saturday running around, will post a pic of where this stuff is, just a scan/circle thing because it's as far as my computer skills go..... . Duh- wish I'd done that yesterday. At least I'm not feeling such a complete horse's backside if anyone else can see these so thanks! The trouble with the internet is I could be 'anybody' out here inventing this stuff. All I can say is if that were the case, I'd have invented something easier to see, to be sure. If I find time to do that, there's another foggy face, swear it looks like a bearded face in profile. That one is directly above that skinny stump almost off the pic, all the way to the right.

Ok, I will post this 'other' photo. Sigh. The disclaimer would be I'm clueless- there'd been a bad storm the day before but it's not a tree limb, witness the other shot, 'it' isn't there plus the slope of the monument would preclude there being anywhere for a branch to be able to rest. I blew it up- just nothing but the same thing bigger giving me the willies. It's not like these digitals are like our old cameras, where you could accidently get your last picture in the frame, either. So please no finger pointing and laughing! Or just a little. To the left of Sherill's face, the monument rises upward from that slope. At the first piece of 'molding',in the back corner, stop. What the heck IS that? Before you dismiss it as JPK is certifiable, try to zoom or look more closely however that's possible. Like I said, it's not in the other shot and no, nothing was behind the monument. It's just wierd, debunking welcome.

View attachment 7707
Photo09091451_1.jpg

I ate mushrooms for lunch and folks there is a whole lotta stuff going on in them trees in this pic. Huge battle. The Rebs seem to be getting the better of it but in my enhanced condition I can see massive Yankee reserves being brought up to the left of the statue. It appears Lee is making his way in from the right of the pic and is waving his hat as if he plans to lead a charge himself. I have some moldy rye...I will eat that and see if I can elaborate further later on about this battle. It's like heavy man. Battle appears to be hanging in the balance but off in the distance I think I can see Sheridan riding hell for leather into the fray and Yanks are rallying to him.

JPK....all in fun...I did discern 1 face.:smile:

Well to be honest I almost avoided the entire thread today, horrified that it was all just reading TOO much into nothing! :smile: Still- it's all been enough to make me fool around with the darn photo editing and blow up some of the portions I'm referring to. Hee- don't laugh if some of these are a stretch! Ok, laugh, but nicely. I'm terrible with the tools on the computer so please excuse!

If anyone can make out the third' face', which appears to be in profile- ahem. I realize I'm a little nutty on the 126th New York, but their Colonel, 3rd Brigade, 3rd Div, II Corps Commander Eliakim Sherrill was killed there. That is who is represented by the artist on their monument. ( Eliakim a Dutch-Dutch name, not PA 'Dutch'/Deutsch- the area in NY settled by the folks who settled New Amsterdam. ) I'm sorry- only a confirmed ghost hunter would possibly agree with me, I know but boy, that profile looks an awful lot like pics of him.

The last one is just plain wierd. There are a couple of others, just not pushing the envelope!

Gettysburg 126 face.jpg

Gettysburg 126 tree.jpg

Gettysburg yet another 126.jpg

Gettysburg 126th wierd 1.jpg

View attachment 7716View attachment 7717View attachment 7718View attachment 7719

ps TOO funny, the entire battle scene! I lived In the UK for some years, there was a certain field in Somerset where ( alledgedly ) these little buttons grew. I claim no first-hand knowledge of this, merely reporting rumor... . Ah, youth.

4th MSM, I think there's a monument and a tourist there, not sure? I blew it up, the dark outline is in all the pics, of course on grey, must be a solid block of something and the other blob looks terribly 2012 ( in a sweatshirt, I think ) although I am awful at making these things large enough to view properly.

I ate mushrooms for lunch and folks there is a whole lotta stuff going on in them trees in this pic. Huge battle. The Rebs seem to be getting the better of it but in my enhanced condition I can see massive Yankee reserves being brought up to the left of the statue. It appears Lee is making his way in from the right of the pic and is waving his hat as if he plans to lead a charge himself. I have some moldy rye...I will eat that and see if I can elaborate further later on about this battle. It's like heavy man. Battle appears to be hanging in the balance but off in the distance I think I can see Sheridan riding hell for leather into the fray and Yanks are rallying to him.

JPK....all in fun...I did discern 1 face.:smile:
hang in there dugger! Ive been there! LOL

mostly its the camera eye placing 3 dimensional objects on a 2 dimensional plane. I hope. Look, Im not saying that this stuff isnt real. I grew up in a home where my mom read fortunes using tea leaves and cards, told us of ghosts in the house (usually right before bed then goodnight kids! yeah thanks ma!) had a hex sign on the back wall of the house, believed and tried to teach us all of those things. Its not that I dont believe, its just that its easier for me to sleep when I dont.

Back