Collection Home weaponry displays

If that is an import piece to the Americas, you paid way under value, today's exchange rate is 1.27 so you gave just under $900 for a $2,500 gun.....
the bayonet is an import piece...but the gun hasn't any of the markings on it to show it was ever in the US at any time

the bayonet is an import piece...but the gun hasn't any of the markings on it to show it was ever in the US at any time
Have you examined the stock really closely with a jeweler's loupe for anything stamped in the area between the butt plate and the trigger guard tang. If it's a BSA made rifle musket, it should have the Assembler's Stamp at least.

I've posted pics of my mancave here before; I'm a lucky man - my wife gave me permission to use an entire room when we moved here that wouldn't have been used otherwise. Took my time to set it up and even my wife likes using it, and she's not really much of a history fan. Got the idea from visiting so many museums over the years - why not try to make my own?

View attachment 323688

View attachment 323689

View attachment 323690

View attachment 323691

View attachment 323692

View attachment 323693
Now I see why you started this discussion. Your display reflects careful planning and attention to worthy presentation. Of course it helps that you have a very supportive wife. Was she in your V.M.I. roots as well? If so, that would explain it somewhat.

Now I see why you started this discussion. Your display reflects careful planning and attention to worthy presentation. Of course it helps that you have a very supportive wife. Was she in your V.M.I. roots as well? If so, that would explain it somewhat.

My wife’s brother is a VMI grad and her father is retired Navy living in Lexington. Though not interested in ACW history herself, she gets my passion and appreciates the collection. Plus, it’s always good to have a room that would have served no purpose otherwise besides collecting dust. I just need more wall space

My wife’s brother is a VMI grad and her father is retired Navy living in Lexington. Though not interested in ACW history herself, she gets my passion and appreciates the collection. Plus, it’s always good to have a room that would have served no purpose otherwise besides collecting dust. I just need more wall space
You have given that room what you deserved with your CW interest. I am very proud of my small collection and how it is a portal to the past . My son's wife was India Company Sweetheart. They will have been married 22 years this August.

I've fired the M3, but not for several years. The low rate of fire takes a bit of getting used to, but it's very accurate for an SMG. The Thompson, (mine is the M1) has such a high rate of fire, it takes more skill to shoot accurately.
Such a ruckus from a pistol round! Talk about relative low rate of fire - the BAR. Now there's a weapon. Never fired one though. Fired the M60 plenty. Got damned accurate with it too.

Looks like I'm a little late to the party! I envy you guys with wall displays. Here's a quick glimpse
20200622_222645.jpg

Wow a museum it is. That does it for me. I will post no more photos of my amateurish display.

Wow a museum it is. That does it for me. I will post no more photos of my amateurish display.
Don't pull back now. You started all this and I and others are grateful you did. Your display is very effective for its good mix of weaponry. Mine is solely limited to my Enfield and my small display of dug pieces. I do have good documentation on my collection because it is limited. I have 128 items that I value at $5559, not counting the Enfield, as of today. I have done that for my son when he takes it all over. That's what we all have to keep in mind - who takes it over when we're gone

I know that feeling about the wall space, there just never seems to be enough and in my case floor/shelf space also-OK, I'll admit that it all may be slightly out of control...but boy hasn't it been fun. :dance:

Last edited:
A collection's importance is not based on the size or value, but rather the joy it brings to you personally. Keep up the good work and be proud!!
I wholeheartedly agree! We do cherish every little dug dirty morsel! We even save stuff that we can't identify - because we dug it up, it's gotta be something!

Last edited:
Back