Collection Home weaponry displays

Perhaps the result of being raised in Petersburg, Va., surrounded by the history, and collecting for more years than I care to remember. I finally built on a wing to the house for my accumulation. Functionality being the goal, I switched to vertical racks long ago as they increased the number of guns in a particular space. I've posted a few photos before, but just took these... The guns propped up in the corners are indicative that it's time to sell a few {or add another partition}. :unsure:

The long wall; from colonial to WWII including all the Federal stuff I still have.
View attachment 323696

The rest is CSA, grouped by states.
View attachment 323697

Colts in the center, the rest mostly CS single shots.
View attachment 323698

CS swords are the only thing horizontal inside this alcove. Here's one wall ... and...Yes, out of space again !!!

View attachment 323699
I gave you a "Like" only cuz there isn't a "Love"!! Awesome collection for sure. I still have space in my house. Feel free to store some of your lower-ranked items at my house ;-)

I try to avoid mentioning a competing forum.

You know how these Generals can react to things like that.

:stomp:
I wouldn't say it's competing because there's very little on it from "our" Nineteenth Century, most of it concerning WWI and WWII.

Wow guys! All your stuff is amazing. I don't have anything to display but really enjoy lookin at yall's stuff. Are there any ladies out there that collects? Would love to hear from any and all. This is my very first post here on CivilWarTalk, hope I did it right!

Melly from North Alabama
Indeed you have; welcome to the forums, and we hope to hear more from you in the future!

Wow guys! All your stuff is amazing. I don't have anything to display but really enjoy lookin at yall's stuff. Are there any ladies out there that collects? Would love to hear from any and all. This is my very first post here on CivilWarTalk, hope I did it right!

Melly from North Alabama
Good question - I’m curious! I do know my wife doesn’t collect or have any ACW interest, but can appreciate my collection. My guess is it’s definitely more or a guy thing, but who knows? Ladies?

I can only dream of having collections like some of those pictured here, great work guys! I have only a few firearms but about 25 swords, and here is how I've sprinkled them amongst my other items in the loft area I am turning into a mini-museum. Sorry for the glare in some of the photos.

1.JPG

2.jpg

4.jpg

James N. As an enthusiast of all things French Napoleonic may I tell you how envious I am. Thanks for the photos. A beautiful collection!
Color me envious as well. Always been interested in the Napoleonic era, but I had the chance to visit Les Invalides in Paris earlier in the year. It’s an amazing collection that definitely spurred a whole summer of reading.

James N. your grouping is one of the more impressive personal collections I’ve seen.

Clearly, I have a little work to do. And a few discussions to have with the “boss”.

All of the above collections are beautiful! Thanks to everyone for posting their photos.

@cake 1979. I would love to have gone there. Did you go to the Musee de l Armee also? They publish a beautiful set of books showing their collection. That's as close as I will ever get it seems.

Melly from North Alabama
Feel free to jump right in, you'll find that a number of fellow Alabamians are here with you.:D

Good question - I’m curious! I do know my wife doesn’t collect or have any ACW interest, but can appreciate my collection. My guess is it’s definitely more or a guy thing, but who knows? Ladies?
My wife makes and collects quilts which rest comfortably in the house while my stuff is in the basement. She tolerates my collection and sees them as more of an investment (?). :nah disagree:

Last edited:
I can’t begin to describe how jealous y’all make me feel! I have nothing from the ACW except for a handful of bullets. My family had my gggrandpa’s Medal of Honor, saber, letter from the battlefield at Vicksburg with remnants of the flag he and others carried into battle, as well as some other miscellaneous papers, but those are all in a museum now. I would like to create a display with his photo and at least replicas if his MoH, saber and facsimiles of other documents. They’ll occupy part of my man “corner.”

All of the above collections are beautiful! Thanks to everyone for posting their photos.

@cake 1979. I would love to have gone there. Did you go to the Musee de l Armee also? They publish a beautiful set of books showing their collection. That's as close as I will ever get it seems.
Yes, I toured every inch of the place, to my family’s chagrin. It’s a truly beautiful museum. They have exhibits that cover Franco-Prussia, WW1, WW2 and Indochina. Napoleon’s Tomb is on the grounds as well.

Never thought I’d make it either, but I spent several months trolling travel sites until a deal came along. Ended up seeing Paris for less than Disneyworld. Never say never!

Melly from North Alabama
Welcome to the forum!

I collect Massachusetts Militia items, so some of my stuff is pre-Civil War. The red coat is circa 1845 Boston National Lancers. It came with the red and blue enlisted man epaulets and Civil War era belt. (The coats were used for years. ) I subsequently found the epaulets as used by the Captain and another for lesser officers, and they are displayed below the coat. To the left is an 1833 Dragoon saber with brass scabbard as used by the Lancers. The hanging tailed jacket is a circa 1850 jacket used by a Massachusetts Militia officer. Prior to standard uniform regulations, the militia laws called for simply a blue coat. This officer had his dressed up with gold bullion tape. The placement of buttons helped determine rank. The double row of 7 means a major or colonel if I recall the regulations correctly. I also have 3 other uniforms not depicted. Thanks for asking.

I collect Massachusetts Militia items, so some of my stuff is pre-Civil War. The red coat is circa 1845 Boston National Lancers. It came with the red and blue enlisted man epaulets and Civil War era belt. (The coats were used for years. ) I subsequently found the epaulets as used by the Captain and another for lesser officers, and they are displayed below the coat. To the left is an 1833 Dragoon saber with brass scabbard as used by the Lancers. The hanging tailed jacket is a circa 1850 jacket used by a Massachusetts Militia officer. Prior to standard uniform regulations, the militia laws called for simply a blue coat. This officer had his dressed up with gold bullion tape. The placement of buttons helped determine rank. The double row of 7 means a major or colonel if I recall the regulations correctly. I also have 3 other uniforms not depicted. Thanks for asking.
Thank you for the info, very nice and interesting collection, something different

Melly from North Alabama

Maybe @NH Civil War Gal can provide a response

Back