Collection Home weaponry displays

Not a great photo, but it shows how my ACW longarms are displayed.

Hey! Let me see that derringer you have off to the right? It looks very much like my pistol!! Do you have plans on displaying it?

I want to create a shadow box for my boot pistol. Not sure how I will "hang" it on the backboard. The last time I framed a revolver, I placed a hook that went into the muzzle and one under the frame.

Boot Pistol -3.JPG

While I have a couple of long guns in nice displays, most of my swords and guns are on simple board and peg racks that I can increase as the need arises. The smaller cannon balls and shells have spilled over from built in bookcase shelves and the bigger ones rest quietly on the floor. Hopefully I can get some good ideas for displaying items from this post. I was fortunate as my wife had a nice room for my toys built in the basement so that I would get my junk out of her house. :help:View attachment 323613View attachment 323612
Nice swords and sabers!

I've posted pics of my mancave here before; I'm a lucky man - my wife gave me permission to use an entire room when we moved here that wouldn't have been used otherwise. Took my time to set it up and even my wife likes using it, and she's not really much of a history fan. Got the idea from visiting so many museums over the years - why not try to make my own?

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

I've posted pics of my mancave here before; I'm a lucky man - my wife gave me permission to use an entire room when we moved here that wouldn't have been used otherwise. Took my time to set it up and even my wife likes using it, and she's not really much of a history fan. Got the idea from visiting so many museums over the years - why not try to make my own?

View attachment 323688

View attachment 323689

View attachment 323690

View attachment 323691

View attachment 323692

View attachment 323693
Now that's the way that I wish that my room looked. Good Golly Molly that is well done, especially the plaque at the lower right of the last picture.

Seeing your Mameluke Sword, the sword third from the bottom in my picture is a Marine NCO sword from the Civil War and the fourth on up is a Union Medical Sword that I got my wife when she retired from the Army.

I thought so. Now you need to find an original Mameluke with the old school original ivory handles!
I'll see what I can do, but having never risen above the E-4 level; I might feel like I was cheating. Semper Fi. And if you look just off to the right in the sword picture, you'll see the back end of a very dusty M109 and two salty Marines holding a Confederate Battleflag.

Perhaps the result of being raised in Petersburg, Va., surrounded by the history, and collecting for more years than I care to remember. I finally built on a wing to the house for my accumulation. Functionality being the goal, I switched to vertical racks long ago as they increased the number of guns in a particular space. I've posted a few photos before, but just took these... The guns propped up in the corners are indicative that it's time to sell a few {or add another partition}. :unsure:

The long wall; from colonial to WWII including all the Federal stuff I still have.
20190902_081956_resized (2).jpg

The rest is CSA, grouped by states.
20181118_183440_resized_1 (2).jpg

Colts in the center, the rest mostly CS single shots.
20181118_183603_resized_1 (2).jpg

CS swords are the only thing horizontal inside this alcove. Here's one wall ... and...Yes, out of space again !!!

20190405_184943_resized_1 (2).jpg

Perhaps the result of being raised in Petersburg, Va., surrounded by the history, and collecting for more years than I care to remember. I finally built on a wing to the house for my accumulation. Functionality being the goal, I switched to vertical racks long ago as they increased the number of guns in a particular space. I've posted a few photos before, but just took these... The guns propped up in the corners are indicative that it's time to sell a few {or add another partition}. :unsure:

The long wall; from colonial to WWII including all the Federal stuff I still have.
View attachment 323696

The rest is CSA, grouped by states.
View attachment 323697

Colts in the center, the rest mostly CS single shots.
View attachment 323698

CS swords are the only thing horizontal inside this alcove. Here's one wall ... and...Yes, out of space again !!!

View attachment 323699
Jeez Louise...most museums that I have been in aren't as impressive as this.

Last edited:
Are they ordered from top to bottom? What models/makes do you have there?

Hanging on the wall:

French Model 1774 Musket
British Short Land Pattern "Brown Bess" Musket
Virginia Manufactory Musket, converted to percussion
U.S. Model 1816 Musket, Springfield, converted to percussion
U.S. Model 1842 Musket, Springfield
U.S. Model 1855 Rifle-Musket, Springfield
U.S. Model 1861 Rifle-Musket, Norfolk
U.S. Model 1861 Special Rifle-Musket, Colt
British Pattern 1853 Rifle-Musket
Austrian Model 1854 "Lorenz" Rifle-Musket
U.S. Model 1841 Rifle, Whitney
Sharps Model 1863 Carbine
Spencer Carbine

Standing Upright, coming from the wall:

Hall Model 1819 Rifle, Harper's Ferry, converted to percussion
U.S. Model 1855 Rifle, Harper's Ferry
Burnside Carbine
British Pattern 1853 Rifle-Musket, E.P. Bond
U.S. Model 1864 Rifle-Musket, Springfield

Hey! Let me see that derringer you have off to the right? It looks very much like my pistol!! Do you have plans on displaying it?

I want to create a shadow box for my boot pistol. Not sure how I will "hang" it on the backboard. The last time I framed a revolver, I placed a hook that went into the muzzle and one under the frame.

That pistol is actually a post-war Hopkins and Allen revolver. Ironically, it is sitting there because I am trying to figure out how to display it. The table it is sitting on is a glass-top end table. Here is what it looks like:

DSC03258-small.jpg

I think that it is about time to go sit in my little room with the lights off and dream of what could be.
Not really as you have as many artillery shells has LP has guns and you have some VERY rare ones.

Back