Collection Home weaponry displays

vmicraig

Sergeant
I'd like to see some pics of some quality HOME displays. No store displays, no picnic table spreads, no "line 'em up on the floor and take a pic" displays. I really want to see some actual well thought out home displays, either in your man cave or home office or den. Have you dedicated a room that others can "ooh and ahh?" Show us how artistic you all are when it comes to displaying your wares! Are your muskets hung? Do you have them on stands or framed? I'd have posted this under contemporary photos, but it's all about the weapons and how you show them. Let's see it!

Last edited:
Here are a few photos of ones I make. They are made out of cedar and I designed them with the bottom cross piece at a 45 so you can put your info plaques on the weapons there and there is enough room for LED lights behind it. The top cross piece also has room for LED lights. The back I designed so they could be clamped on a table at a CW show.
IMG_20170208_161907211(1).jpg
IMG_20170208_161606460(1).jpg
IMG_20170318_134135721.jpg

1567378180067.png

While I have a couple of long guns in nice displays, most of my swords and guns are on simple board and peg racks that I can increase as the need arises. The smaller cannon balls and shells have spilled over from built in bookcase shelves and the bigger ones rest quietly on the floor. Hopefully I can get some good ideas for displaying items from this post. I was fortunate as my wife had a nice room for my toys built in the basement so that I would get my junk out of her house. :help:
140.JPG
190.JPG

Last edited:
@redbob is right as I have been in his bunker and there is not much room for the both of us when I go over. But in his defense she really didn't give him a whole lot of room to start with.

@redbob is right as I have been in his bunker and there is not much room for the both of us when I go over. But in his defense she really didn't give him a whole lot of room to start with.
She said if I get rid of the "Bugeye" Sprite that she will add on to the bunker- the colonel drives a hard bargain. 😢

While I have a couple of long guns in nice displays, most of my swords and guns are on simple board and peg racks that I can increase as the need arises. The smaller (up to 30#) cannon balls and shells have spilled over from built in bookcase shelves and the bigger ones up to 200# rest quietly on the floor. Hopefully I can get some good ideas for displaying items from this post. I was fortunate as my wife had a nice room for my toys built in the basement so that I would get my junk out of her house.

Great! That's what I was looking for - good home pics!

Redbob
What did you use for that sword display. Something like that would free up some wall space for me. H
1X4's cut down and beveled on the edges and then wooden dowels cut to length and placed in angled holes. I determined about what angle that I wanted and made a jig to drill the holes (which was the hardest part). I used this same setup for gun racks also, but the pegs have to be adjusted so that the weapons will sit straight and covered with clear tubing to prevent scratching the stocks.

Last edited:
Not a great photo, but it shows how my ACW longarms are displayed. The other side of the room is devoted to the World Wars.

View attachment 323651
Love the simple wooden background. Wish I had done something like that. Hard to beat simple cedar.

And by the way, if you ever decide to part with the "Bessie"......

Great! That's what I was looking for - good home pics!
If you ever get up this way, you are welcome to see it in person-what good is having things if you don't share them with other people. And just to be sure that you don't share your things with people that you don't want to, invest in a really good alarm system. 😄

Being anal retentive, I tend to group things of the same manufacturers together; an example being that the swords are Ames. The cannon projectiles are grouped according to manufacturer/type for no other reason than so I can keep them straight (the memory not being what it use to be)but that said, if it is yours, you should put things in a way that you find pleasing and I'm getting some excellent ideas for remodeling my space from this post. I should also note that as this space is also our tornado safe room, my wife finds it rather uncomfortable to be in it with all of the heavy and sharp objects ( I think that she has seen the movie Twister one too many times).

Back