historians and authors needed for documentary

I wrote an article that appears in issue #39 of The Gettysburg Magazine. It has plenty of human interest stories. Numerous first hand accounts including those of young children who were there were used. Now, just don't look for my Jeannie Wade biscuit rant (somewhere here on this forum). The latter was just a joke.

Documentary

101combatvet,

If you need support on the small arms and ammunition used at G'Burg let me know. I can provide specimens of most and can easily get specimens of what I don't own.

BTW: If you need crew I was a Producer/Director/Camera Operator/Lighting Director for more than ten years.

TomH

101CombatVet - we've a real historian in our ranks (forum), Eric Wittenberg, and he also has an article in the latest issue of Gettysburg Magazine (issue #39). Best of all, Eric is in Ohio--which is a lot closer to you than the left coast.

Lancer. Now you owe me your last hard tack. I don't plan on eating it. I'm putting it in a sock so I can mug someone.

I have some Gettysburg related artifacts I can offer, but the only "human interest" one I can think of might be this "dog tag". The soldier served in Stannard's Vermont Brigade which played a pivotal role during Pickett's Charge.

What's neat about the tag is in addition to the soldier's unit information is the dedication "TO MARY AND BURTIE", his wife and first born child. What's ironic is that he survived the Army/Gettysburg/Pickett's Charge, but his son died at age two in early 1863, and his wife died after the war.

Here's pics of the front and back.

John Gross

Expired Image Removed

Expired Image Removed

I'm looking for attention grabbing, human interest information pertaining to the battle of Gettysburg. If you or someone you know have any information pertaining to individuals who experienced the war and would like to relay this information in a documentary film that I will produce, please PM me.

Back