SIM Game Hi, I would love ideas for my "Battle of Vicksburg" game!

I wish you the best of luck on your computer game venture! The Western theatre of operations has been neglected by historians and game manufacturers in comparison to the fighting in the East and it's nice to see you trying to produce a game based on one of the most important campaigns during the Civil War. I was just curious to know if there will be a scenario where troops from the Eastern theatre under a Confederate commander could be transfered to Vicksburg to relieve Grant's siege since this was actually being considered by Jefferson Davis and the Confederate high command at one time.

Thanks a lot for the warm welcome guys :smile: I kinda need it today :smile:

Google just suspended my game due to a "Sensitive Event Policy" violation, after i spent months working on the big update.
And they're not keen on explaining what the problem is either.

I'm sorry i those codes i provided just lead to a hole in the internet now, feel free to pirate it all you want tho :D

The re-release "Battle of Vicksburg 2" (minor changes) is currently pending release on the Play Store!
It will probably take a couple days, as it has been put on the watch-list or something :D

It was doing so great until they pulled the plug :smile: Thanks for the support!
EdwardsUnion.jpg
YazooRiverCamp.jpg

Players and anyone interested are very welcome to join my new Discord server where we chat about the game, and discuss ideas for updates... https://CivilWarTalk/JFfExJg

This image represents the Confederate semi-submersible vessel C.S.S David which somehow found its way through rivers and bayous all the way to the Yazoo River just N.W. of Vicksburg :D I couldn't help it lol

CSS_David2.jpg

Welcome from the Shiloh/Pittsburg Landing Forum and North Mississippi! Be sure and visit the Forum soon
Regards
David

Thank you so much for the very warm welcome!
And thanks for the ideas drjekyll and Championhilz :smile: You are so right regarding the color Championhilz :D Thank you for that very useful comment. After looking at so many pictures of the Mississippi i don't know why i never realized that :D I will do something about it!

Let me know if you want free download codes or if you have any questions :smile: i would be happy to help.
The relaunch of the game has been very well received, despite the unpleasant situation Google put me in :smile: thanks to everyone who has supported me!

I'm sorry to let you know my game has been deleted by Google again :frown:

This time it is the flags again, which was also how i got my first policy strike when i first tried to launch it (with the Battle Flag).
I only know this because i filed an official complaint, and got a response.

So how do you like the new Confederate flags?
I've been busy revising history for the kids all night in Photoshop. It doesn't feel too great, especially after all the work and promotion for a game, which is now just a dead link again. It did hit #2 in top new paid games in the US, in the few days it stayed up this time :smile: At least the players were happy, they might not all be thrilled they paid for a game which is now gone (no updates).
I will re-publish the game as "Battle of Vicksburg 3" very soon, but it might be hard to find as i spent most of my last resources promoting BoV2 to get that searchable :D

On the positive note, i should be able to stay on the shop - at least until the next time, maybe the uniforms are next?

I did ask them if text or voice references to "Confederate" or any variation thereof would be deemed in violation. I haven't received an answer on that yet.

Thanks for the support! I'm sorry for the inconvenience of the dead link and everything.

I will give you free download codes to the new game, once it is on the store :smile:
YazooRiverCamp.png

Last edited:
Back