Hi, everyone

I have a lot to learn about this site, but you all look friendly. Two of my great-great-grandfathers served in the war (14th Iowa Infantry and 184th New York Infantry), and I have the diary one of them kept at Fort Halleck, Kentucky, in 1863. I have transcribed it, and I'm trying to finish a book about his regiment's participation in the Red River Campaign. I will have questions!

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)

luinrina

First Sergeant
Forum Host
Silver Patron
Greetings from Germany and welcome aboard from The Traveler's Companion and Other Notable Biographies forum! :smile:

You've certainly come to the right place to ask questions. There are many experts here for various topics. So ask away and receive answers. :smile:

Welcome from Northern Alabama! There are plenty of folks here who are knowledgeable about the Red River Campaign and probably your Iowa and NY regiments also. They should be along shortly...

Jimklag

Brigadier General
Forum Host
Silver Patron
I have a lot to learn about this site, but you all look friendly. Two of my great-great-grandfathers served in the war (14th Iowa Infantry and 184th New York Infantry), and I have the diary one of them kept at Fort Halleck, Kentucky, in 1863. I have transcribed it, and I'm trying to finish a book about his regiment's participation in the Red River Campaign. I will have questions!
Welcome aboard from the Railroads and Steam Locomotives forum.

Cavalry Charger

Captain
Forum Host
Silver Patron
Ask away @LSBusch , though I may not be the person to help you!

Welcome from the Ulysses S. Grant forum :grant:

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)