Helpful Online Research Search Links, O.R.'s, Dyer's, Fox, etc.

HeritageQuest online database

http://persi.heritagequestonline.com/hqoweb/library/do/census/search/basic
I can access this database with my library card and your library may have the same access too. Mine is through Galileo. The only problem I saw was they don't have all the census records for example William Austin Leyden did not appear in Georgia and he lived there since its inception in 1847. It also did not list some of my relatives who I know were there but the census records available are very detailed. If you find your ancestor in the census there is a lot of information available.
I have to brag on the book section. You can search by people, place and publication. i searched Cassville and found a copy of the History of Bartow County formerly Cass by Lucy Cunyus, scanned online. I also found books like The Seventy-seventh Pennsylvania at Shiloh Harrisburg, Pa. :: Harrisburg Pub. Co.,, 1905, 447 pgs.
If you are searching for something just ask and I will search for you.

Book: Chambers County, TX in the War Between the States
For genealogists who have Civil War ancestors in this area, this book is available from the Wallisville Heritage Park. It includes brief biographies, some photos, etc. Price is $20 plus $3 P&H. Send orders to WALLISVILLE HERITAGE PARK P.O.B. 16 WALLISVILLE, TX. 77597. This is a non-profit history and genealogy library/museum. Address all letters to KEVIN LADD: DIRECTOR. I do NOT make any money from this.

The Pennsylvania Civil War Project/Pennsylvanians in the Civil War set up through Penn State University. The site allows interactive searches by name, regiment and company, links to the Gettysburg National Cemetery and the Pennsylvania Monument at Gettysburg and casualty lists from battles, Confederate prisons and Union military hospitals.
http://personal.psu.edu/users/s/a/sam21/cw1.html

Battle Reports are so cool to look through. My gg uncle's Brigade Cmdr mentioned him by name in his report of Chattanooga....how cool is that! I love details and there is much detail in these reports that you don't get elsewhere.

Civil War Trust's Ancestor Research Guide

Learn more about your ancestor's involvement in the Civil War with the Civil War Trust's new Ancestor Research Guide, now available on the Trust's website. This exciting resource eases interested individuals into discovering the details of the actions of their ancestors during battle.
Learn More »

www.civilwar.org/education/your-civil-war/ancestor-research-guide/index.html

HellO when I try to use the information my page go's blank is it me or the post thank you

8th Population Census of the United States - 1860

Internet Archive has the original images for many states, I've been checking the Virginia counties, I don't know if they have all of them. The counties are grouped by Reel, so look to see which reel your county is on then search for that reel. It can be very frustrating, but so many of the counties have not been transcribed. Good luck and keep hitting that + button.:smile:

Back