Help transcribing a letter.

Hello, I have stumbled upon a letter from one of my Confederate ancestors and I cannot make out what it says or what the letter actually is. Hopefully someone can make out what it’s saying. I only have digital copies. Thank you!

2B93D6AA-E5AE-42A9-A022-25E7D7B7CA1A.png

EDEC942B-4825-42A3-9AE4-500F7A3598E0.png

It looks like the affidavit that goes in a pension file, where a witness has appeared a justice of the peace to vouch for a widow, confirming that the woman in question really was married to a deceased Confederate soldier. Pension fraud was a problem post Civil War, where there were no photographs and the records were kind of spotty, so there were many hoops that you had to jump through when you applied, including proving that you actually were married, the husband really was in the military, and he really was dead. Sometimes, though, the pension boards were so parsimonious that it felt like they thought the money was coming out of their own pockets!

The widow of a confederate soldier from Alabama is making a deposition to a Justice of the Peace, (Official Judge) for any compensation that may be due her as she is now a widow. Page 2 are notaries that vouch on her behalf for the integrity of her statements.
Lubliner.
Thank you I knew it wasn’t a personal letter, just wasn’t sure what exactly it was. Thank you

The widow of a confederate soldier from Alabama is making a deposition to a Justice of the Peace, (Official Judge) for any compensation that may be due her as she is now a widow.
The deposition is dated April 20, 1863 and the content says that Elijah Hollingshead was late "a Private of Captain Henry W Cox's company 12th regiment Alabama Volunteers" and that he "entered the Service at Socapatoy in Coosa County and State of Alabama on or about the 9th day of March 1862, and died at Richmond on or about the 19th day of April 1862, leaving her his widow and legal heir."

Capt Cox's company became Co B of the 12th AL. So Elijah Hollingshead enlisted March 9, 1862 at Coosa County AL, traveled to Richmond, VA to join the 12th Alabama, and died on or about April 19, 1862. Carded records show that he was 35 years old.

The deposition is dated April 20, 1863 and the content says that Elijah Hollingshead was late "a Private of Captain Henry W Cox's company 12th regiment Alabama Volunteers" and that he "entered the Service at Socapatoy in Coosa County and State of Alabama on or about the 9th day of March 1862, and died at Richmond on or about the 19th day of April 1862, leaving her his widow and legal heir."

Capt Cox's company became Co B of the 12th AL. So Elijah Hollingshead enlisted March 9, 1862 at Coosa County AL, traveled to Richmond, VA to join the 12th Alabama, and died on or about April 19, 1862. Carded records show that he was 35 years old.
To me it is similar to a foreign language, such as French, where I can scan and pick out details for a general knowledge of it, but do not have the capabilities of complete translation. You have a keen eye @lelliott19. Thank you.
Lubliner.

Back