[HELP PLEASE] Civil War Flag from 32nd Arkansas

I hear you, I’m working on that. Just trying to do what I can, when I can.

Hi @tullock - did you have any source for this? Just tying to pin down as much as I can about the flag. Thanks so much.
Hi,
The information provided came from two works in my possession..’The Flags of Civil War Arkansas’ by Glen Dedmondt, pages 101 and 105. And ‘The Battle Flags of the Confederate Army of Tennessee’ by Howard Madaus and Robert Needham, pages 28-31.
Hope this helps.

Hi,
The information provided came from two works in my possession..’The Flags of Civil War Arkansas’ by Glen Dedmondt, pages 101 and 105. And ‘The Battle Flags of the Confederate Army of Tennessee’ by Howard Madaus and Robert Needham, pages 28-31.
Hope this helps.

Thank you!!

Gause, Hon. Lucien C., Rep. of Ark., Col. in Confederate Army
04869v.jpg

LOC - #04869

Rafael and Shannon are very well respected. I personally do not know Rafael, but know Shannon very well, he is first class and he takes a lot of pride in his analysis. Additionally the MOC respects his work and opinion.

Hmmmm.... I'm sorry folks, but is there an image of a flag attached to the first post here? If so, I'm not seeing it. I guess I'd better admit that I'm not qualified to comment on it even if I could see it. But I can't see it, so, you know, it leaves me in a pickle of a situation here............

Hmmmm.... I'm sorry folks, but is there an image of a flag attached to the first post here? If so, I'm not seeing it. I guess I'd better admit that I'm not qualified to comment on it even if I could see it. But I can't see it, so, you know, it leaves me in a pickle of a situation here............

@davebleedsblue removed the photographs from his original post. However if you go to page one you will see the pictures I posted.

0gsQrJn_d.jpg

In this hobby talk is cheap. Did Shannon Pritchard and Rafael Eledge provide a notarized statement with their finfings?

@Legion Para Thanks for posting those, although I didn’t upload them to this thread or remove them - I just posted the Imgur link.

I don’t personally have a notarized statement, no - the dealer spoke with them before selling it to me. I have no reason to question or doubt him though - known him for a while.

I’m also not selling it, so if they’ve seen it and provided their professional opinions that were passed on to me, that works. I can see about getting an official notarized statement from them at some point, but it’s not a priority right now.

Another UPDATE:
@Lanyard Puller @Package4 @zburkett and others..

I got in touch with the dealer I bought it from, and he said prior to selling it to me, he had two appraisers look at it and give their opinion:

Rafael Eledge: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/roadshow/appraisers/rafael-eledge/

Shannon Pritchard: http://www.oldsouthantiques.com/aboutus.htm

The consensus was that it was either an early battle-flag or early reunion flag. Flag was genuine and not a reproduction. I don’t personally know either of those people - that’s just the names he gave me. I have no reason to doubt him though - his entire reputation is built around collecting, digging, and knowing who to seek out for opinions and appraisals.
Those two are certainly reputable, if in fact they were consulted, I would confirm for your records and insurance purposes.

Back