Restricted Help Needed Now!

thea_447

Cadet
I know this is short notice, but we need to get this out to the member of the AOT, please send this to anyone you can.

PERMISSION GRANTED TO FORWARD.you are encourage to contact all members of your camp, brigade, etc.

Jack Bridwell [email protected]

Commander, AOT

Brothers,

There is an attempt ongoing to rename several parks in Memphis, Tennessee, and at the same time to remove statues of various Confederate Heroes from these parks. The changes will remove the names of Confederate heroes to names which are non-controversial, you can use your imagination to come up with what they will probably be.

Following is a list of names of individuals who will have the final say on the renaming I urge each of you to either write, email or call each of them and suggest the names remain the same and that the removal of the statues not take place. If you are from a remote area, point out that the name change and statue removal will have a detrimental effect on any future visits on your and your friends visiting the city.

I ask that each of you remain civil, but firm, and refrain from any obscene or other language which could be used against our efforts.

Over the past years weve fought the battles over Flags and t-shirts, we know this was coming, it was just a matter of time, that time is NOW. Soon it will be coming to each of our home-towns, lets stand together now and stop this attack before they establish a precedence. To use the words of Georgia Division Spokesman, Dan Coleman, Who is surprised? We all have know this day was coming for some time. It is time to act. If not now, when?

Incidentally, there will be a meeting to be held on this action, they hold their meetings on alternate Tuesdays, it is expected this issue will come up on the 9th of August. If you are in the area, it would be helpful if you could attend. Ill supply the date and time when they become available to me. In the mean time cover them up with email, letters and calls.

Jack Bridwell

Cmdr. AOT

Following is a list of names of individuals who will have the final say on the renaming I urge each of you to either write, email or call each of them and suggest the names remain the same and that the removal of the statues not take place. If you are from a remote area, point out that the </FONT></I></B>name change and statue removal will have a detrimental effect on any future visits on your and your friends visiting the city.</FONT></FONT></FONT>

I ask that each of you remain civil, but firm, and refrain from any obscene or other language which could be used against our efforts.

Over the past years weve fought the battles over Flags and t-shirts, we know this was coming, it was just a matter of time, that time is NOW. Soon it will be coming to each of our home-towns, lets stand together now and stop this attack before they establish a precedence. To use the words of Georgia Division Spokesman, Dan Coleman, Who is surprised? We all have know this day was coming for some time. It is time to act. If not now, when?

Incidentally, there will be a meeting to be held on this action, they hold their meetings on alternate Tuesdays, it is expected this issue will come up on the 9th of August. If you are in the area, it would be helpful if you could attend. Ill supply the date and time when they become available to me. In the mean time cover them up with email, letters and calls.

Jack Bridwell

Cmdr. AOT

E. C. Jones, District 1
(901) 358-2918
[email protected]

Brent Taylor, District 2
901-624-9892
[email protected]

TaJuan Stout Mitchell, District 3
(901) 398-7408
[email protected]

Janet Hooks, District 4
(901) 278-1122
No Email listed

Carol Chumney, District 5
(901) 327-8528
(901) 844-7141
[email protected]

Edmund Ford, District 6, Chairman
(901) 396-1555
No Email listed

Barbara Swearengen Holt, District 7
(901) 458-9406
No Email listed

Joe Brown, Super District 8, Position 1, V. Chairman
(901) 274-4724
No Email listed

Rickey W. Peete, District 8, position 2
(901) 278-7464
[email protected]

Myron Lowery, District 8, Position 3
(901) 521-4300
No Email listed

Scott McCormick, Super District 9, Position 1
(901) 728-5630 ext 22
(901) 753-6014
[email protected]

Tom Marshall, District 9, Position 2
(901) 791-0115
No Email listed

Jack Sammons, District 9, Position 3
(901) 576-6786
[email protected]

Additional information located at
www3.memphistn .gov/navigateCC.asp?sec=CITYCOUNCIL&opt=CouncilMembers

Please feel free to forward this information.................

sockknitter

Sergeant
I live in Texas and when traveling almost anywhere to the east, go through Memphis. I had intended to try to see Forrest Park and the monument and graves at some point and of course this threatened renaming and possible grave moving affects me as an outsider. I would be a little peeved to get to Memphis and hunt up the park, only to find General Forrest still elusive.

I will send paper letters to council members, as I prefer that to emailing in such cases. The link posted under "for additional information" didn't work for me. This one did:

www3.memphistn .gov

I clicked on the photos of each council member to get mailing addresses.

ole

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Retired Moderator
Thea:
Thanks for the heads-up. Will devote a part of tomorrow to add my protests to name-changing. Forrest is Forrest. When I want to see what he did, I want to see his name on it. This PC c**p is starting to smell.

Ole