Help me with my ancestor

Hello y’all helped me with my other ancestor, but now I need help with another. His name was W. H Holman. He lived in South Carolina but died in 1913 in nouxbe county. A lot of family lives there and still does.

The only match that I can find is a William H. Holman who was a Captain in Co. A, 4th Battalion, SC Reserves. He enlisted 9 Jul 1864 in Newberry, SC.

"nouxbe county"? Never heard of it. South Carolina? Noxubee County, Mississippi, perhaps?

Hello y’all helped me with my other ancestor, but now I need help with another. His name was W. H Holman. He lived in South Carolina but died in 1913 in nouxbe county. A lot of family lives there and still does.
You should find out more about where exactly he was living in South Carolina before the war. Where was he in the 1860 census? Regiments were usually formed locally — companies in the regiment were usually made up of men from the same county, or neighboring counties. And South Carolina is a big state, undoubtably there could be multiple men named "W.H. Holman."

I would suggest starting here.

Last edited:
Back