Help identifying rank stripes

DuckNachos99

Cadet
I just bought these rank stripes, but I’m not sure if they’re period or reproductions. I only paid $7 for it, so I doubt I’ll lose much either way, but they look Mexican War or Confederate. The seem to be hand sewn. I’d like to know what the experts think. Thanks.

79645840-F5DE-42E6-8129-1F1762E5D905.jpeg

4943843B-0853-4C99-976D-5EC202BC6BD1.jpeg

I´d agree on the academy insignia, army NCO insignia (including around Mexico) did not have the very elongated point or the broad fillings between the individual chevrons. I´m not sure about the timestamp, I´ve no clue about stitching or material, however the USMA introduced this style in 1830 already so there´s plenty of time; with that (if from a West Point cadet) being a Lieutenant's insignia.

I just bought these rank stripes, but I’m not sure if they’re period or reproductions. I only paid $7 for it, so I doubt I’ll lose much either way, but they look Mexican War or Confederate. The seem to be hand sewn. I’d like to know what the experts think. Thanks.

View attachment 422421

View attachment 422422
These are military school/academy rank insignia that appear to be machine sewn. They most likely date to the early 20th century.

Back