Help identifying accoutrement

farcwarts

Cadet
Good day to you all. Could someone please assist with identifying what accoutrement this side strap may go to? At first I thought it was part of a belt rig but it appears to go beyond the belt and further down. I also do not see an attachment on the top of the belt where a side strap would clip or snap on to. I then thought it could be perhaps a strap for a binocular case or a pouch but examples I have seen don't have this type of strap. There also appears to be something on the strap that runs from chest height to stomach height. It looks to have a handle so I am wondering if it may be a knife? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you.

Belt closeup.jpg

1867crete

Sergeant
I believe it’s a shoulder surport for his sword belt. A adjustable one with a roller buckle. The other device almost looks like a watch fob or some other adornment? Perhaps a division or brigade device? Just my opinion I will be interested to see what others think!

farcwarts

Cadet
Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated. I thought at first as well that the strap was part of the belt but when I enlarged the photo I saw that the strap went down beyond the outside of the belt and it is continuing in a downward rear-facing direction behind his arm. This is what led me to believe it went to perhaps a binocular case or something else. I am wondering if there are any other thoughts on what this might be or what may be attached to the front of the strap. The thought of it being a watch fob was something I had not thought of so thanks for that idea.