CWTrust Help Complete the Perryville Battlefield

Battlefield Trust raising $177K to preserve more of Perryville Battlefield
By Robin Hart
Published 8:43 pm Wednesday, July 24, 2019

The American Battlefield Trust is well on its way of securing about $1 million to purchase 128 acres adjacent to the Perryville Battlefield State Historic Park.

According to the ABT website, the purchase price and closing costs will be $1,049,523. If the trust can raise $177,761 — just 17% of the cost — then it can apply for a grant of $462,762 from the federal American Battlefield Protection Program. Plus, ABT has received notice that it will definitely be awarded a $400,000 grant from the HTR Foundation, a charitable foundation established in 1997 to save Civil War history through battlefield preservation and educational programs, according to its website.

Perryville Battlefield State Park Director Joni House said the trust already owns about 200 acres of pristine land adjacent to the state park. She said the state doesn’t have the money to make land purchases to expand the park, so it depends on private organizations to help preserve as much of the original battlefield as possible.

Full article can be found here - https://www.amnews.com/2019/07/24/b...k-to-preserve-more-of-perryville-battlefield/

Cheers,
USS ALASKA

Giving this thread a little bump. Apparently the ABT is still a bit short of the funds need to acquire the target property. They have even sent out fundraiser appeals to those like me who have already donated to save this tract on the Perryville battlefield.

Giving this thread a little bump. Apparently the ABT is still a bit short of the funds need to acquire the target property. They have even sent out fundraiser appeals to those like me who have already donated to save this tract on the Perryville battlefield.
Nice work. I also got another request from ABT on this one and ponied up some more.

I'd love to visit the unpreserved battlefield before they preserve it, if you get my implied meaning, with farmers permission of course. I've wanted to go to Perryville for years, but I don't think it's going to be this year either.

Back