HELP Civil war items - Mold, extractor, bullets, insignia etc

E

Eric Wenzel

Looking for help with some Civil war items.
I am unsure of Authenticity, age, & value... If you can help with any I would be greatly appreciative.
My first post here so wish me luck with the photos and hoping I get it right first try...
CLICKING ON ANY OF THE PHOTOS WILL TAKE YOU TO THE GALLERY at Photobucket for all 62 photos. Or contact me and I would be happy to send them to you.
First off Bullet mold marked US - ID measures rough .52 yet is slightly Obround. Length is rough 5 3/4"
Expired Image Removed
Expired Image Removed

Next are some Ammo crate medallions? and Insignia?
Expired Image RemovedExpired Image RemovedExpired Image Removed

Bullet extractor? a friend said he thought it was used to pull misfires and double loads from the barrel?
Expired Image Removed
Paper wrapped mini ball? With ammo crate lable?
Expired Image Removed
Another Mini Ball - measures .46 x .672
Expired Image Removed
Lastly was this mini cap gun set... I am pretty sure the pistols are Marx but not sure on the little accesorries. I cannot find them anywhere but same friend thought they were a set. I need to verify they are not insignia.
Expired Image Removed
Expired Image Removed

The entire album of 62 photos can be found here- I show the backs of everything etc.

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee144/khutchis/2012-04-11 Military/?start=all

This was all offered to me in trade for fishing lures and I ended up paying cash instead. {{{I love it all other than the hot glue stuck on all the backs which he forgot to mention....}}} but I have not had much luck verifying it is real. Only thing I was told by a pro was I had some authentic some early replica... but no specifics.
ANY help at all would be greatly appreciated... there is a lot here but if you can give me specifics on the stuff I would be happy to pay for services just let me know what it will cost.
Thank you all for your time.
Eric Wenzel

The "paper wrapped mini ball" is a paper cartridge with a round ball for a .54 smoothbore pistol or Hall's carbine. It is difficult to say if it is authentic from a photo. If it is authentic it might sell for $75 to $100.
The label is not from an ammo crate. It is a label from a collector's display.
The bullet in the calipers is for a .44 revolver, one of many varieties. It looks to have string from cartridge paper in the bottom groove. About a $5 bullet.
The "extractor" is a wiper or worm. They were used in cleaning a gun bore and could also be used to pull a bullet. This one does not look military to me.
I hope this helps a little. The other items I am not as familiar with.

I sold the mold and the bullet worm.... I would be interested in trading the rest for fishing lures or ice spearing stuff or duck decoys etc... preferrably older wooden stuff but would consider even plastics etc if they are collectable. I am sure a lot of guys here could use this stuff for reenacting, or displays and I would like to add some stuff for my collection.

Back