Hello new person looking for info

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW:REGISTER HERE!

cmiller73

Cadet
I've recently been intrigued about my "Miller" family ancestry. I have other family members doing research also. Upon talking with these family members, I found out my 3G Grandfather, William Carol Miller(originally from Ohio),was on the Civil War. They have records showing he served on the "Cotton" and they have his pension application. We have also found out that he was married in 1865, in the area I live in now. A little ways from where most of my family live now.

If anyone has info on this please do not hesitate to point me in the right direction.

cmiller73

Cadet
Greetings from Germany and welcome aboard from The Traveler's Companion and Other Notable Biographies forum! :smile:

I'm sorry I can't help with your research but I'm pretty someone that can will be along shortly. :smile:
You'd be amazed. Growing up I was always told my family immigrated from Germany. We are stuck in Ohio right now with William Carol Miller, that is his birthplace, but cannot get any further than that. Hopefully, now that we have more eyes on the info, we can back track and dig up the Miller/Millar/Milere family origins.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome.

I've recently been intrigued about my "Miller" family ancestry. I have other family members doing research also. Upon talking with these family members, I found out my 3G Grandfather, William Carol Miller(originally from Ohio),was on the Civil War. They have records showing he served on the "Cotton" and they have his pension application. We have also found out that he was married in 1865, in the area I live in now. A little ways from where most of my family live now.

If anyone has info on this please do not hesitate to point me in the right direction.
Welcome! Hope you'll visit the Civil War Ancestry forum. I'm not as keen on the Naval War as I'd like to be, but I did find this:

Lubliner

First Sergeant
Welcome! Hope you'll visit the Civil War Ancestry forum. I'm not as keen on the Naval War as I'd like to be, but I did find this:

Thanks for the video. Well worth the nine minutes. The bayous of Louisiana have always been hard for me to understand. I think it has to do mainly with the language.
Lubliner.

Greetings CMiller73

William Carol Miller

What County did he live in ?, Ohio

Do you have any other family info that would allow a better search from?

Thanks
Tommy

Last edited: