Hello! I'm new on the forum and I love Gettysburg!

W117Monte

Private
I realize there is a newcomers area, but I love Gettysburg so I figured this would be the place for me to post.
Some of the other parts of this board can be quite intimidating.
I went to Gettysburg as a kid with my family. We would do the tape tour and picnic and stuff. I still love that old tape tour by the way and I still listen to it to this day .
We saw Gettysburg in the theater when I was 12.
Now that I am older and have a family of my own, we have a camper and we camp at Artillary Ridge on Taneytown road. I love it there because you can walk right onto the battlefield. My 6 year old daughter and I walk to the PA monument and she loves climbing to the top. I also get up early in the morning king when we camp there and walk all over the battle field. There's just something about stepping on rocks that the soldiers did so many years ago.
So anyway, HI! You'll hear more from me on this board

Welcome aboard from Alabama and you have come to the right place since this forum is Gettysburg Central.

Welcome From The Heart Of Dixie. Be sure to stop by the Weapons & Ammo and Uniform & Relics forums.

Welcome from Missouri. You will probably never get finished studying Gettysburg. But if you ever do, there is much to engage you in the trans Mississippi theater.

welcome2.png

a mere 6 hours (390 miles) northeast of Gettysburg​

Back