Hello from Tennessee!

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!
I will contribute as much as I can. I am looking forward to learning more about the stuff I have and I hope that I can add to my small collection this year. My first objective is to find a good curio cabinet to display these items in that won't cost an arm and a leg.

Very cool 7th Mississippi Infantry! I only have my great great great grandfather's M1840 musket that he used in the civil war that is directly family related.

Robtweb1

2nd Lieutenant
Forum Host
Retired Moderator
Civil War Photo Contest
Annual Winner
Hello! As my user name says, I am Taylor Ratliff and I am starting to branch out to collecting Civil War relics. I have been collecting WW1 and newer militaria for the past 10-12 years, and I have been a member of the Tennessee Military Collector's Association for many of my years collecting. I have been wanting to collect original Civil War relics for a few years now, but it has always been out of my budget since I am in my 20s. The first original item I got is a Springfield M1840 musket that supposedly belonged to my great, great, great grandfather that was a rebel in the Civil War. Since then, I have gotten the itch to collect more and I was recently given some items from a relative that passed away. In fact, that is why I joined this forum because I am still very new to CW stuff so I could use some help on identifying some items and get your opinions if the items are original or not. I hope that I will have a great time here with many like minded people. Here is a picture of some of the stuff I currently have that I plan on buying a curio cabinent for (the cartridge box on the bottom right is a Dixie Gun Works reproduction, but I believe that everything else is original, but might span from the Mexican War era to Spanish American War era).

View attachment 307415
Welcome from West Tennessee

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!