Hello from South Alabama

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

Therese413

Cadet
I am a retired attorney, living in Mobile, Alabama. I have always been interested in history, particularly the Civil War. My interest in the War probably came about because I was born in Alabama and raised in Illinois, and my family often visited battlefields during our trips “down home.” My father’s paternal grandfather fought in the 82d Illinois Infantry, and moved to Alabama after the War. My father’s maternal grandfather, as well as both of my mother’s grandfathers, fought for the Confederacy. Therefore, I grew up hearing stories about my forebears and the War. I even remember my grandmother saying, in jest (I think!), “save your Confederate money, because the South shall rise again!”

ucvrelics

Major
Forum Host
Welcome From THE Heart Of Dixie. Be sure to stop by the Weapons & Ammo, Uniforms & Relics and Vicksburg forums.

bdtex

Brigadier General
Silver Patron
Civil War Photo Contest
Annual Winner
Regtl. Quartermaster Chickamauga 2018 Vicksburg 2019
I am a retired attorney, living in Mobile, Alabama. I have always been interested in history, particularly the Civil War. My interest in the War probably came about because I was born in Alabama and raised in Illinois, and my family often visited battlefields during our trips “down home.” My father’s paternal grandfather fought in the 82d Illinois Infantry, and moved to Alabama after the War. My father’s maternal grandfather, as well as both of my mother’s grandfathers, fought for the Confederacy. Therefore, I grew up hearing stories about my forebears and the War. I even remember my grandmother saying, in jest (I think!), “save your Confederate money, because the South shall rise again!”
Welcome to CivilWarTalk from The Trans-Mississippi Department. Love Mobile,Alabama. My mother's family are all from Alabama and the Florida Panhandle. I hope to be a retired attorney some day and to make a few more visits to Mobile.

Ole Miss

1st Lieutenant
Forum Host
Silver Patron
Welcome from the Shiloh/Pittsburg Landing Forum and North Mississippi! Be sure and visit the Forum soon.
Regards
David

Karen Lips

1st Lieutenant
I hope you share some of those stories here on the forum.