Hello from Liverpool UK

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

Gundric

Cadet
This is a quick greeting from across the pond and a little about myself. I'm 37, ex army and currently studying history at the University of Chester in NW England. I am a bit of a miniature wargamer, especially the civil war, so my love of history and my hobby go hand in hand. This forum seems like the perfect place to indulge these, I have a particular interest in the Vicksburg campaign, with the aim of building a campaign game around it. I am looking forward to talking to you all.

Kind regards,

Lee.

Hussar Yeomanry

Sergeant
Good evening Hussar, are their many UK members here?
Off the top of my head (and so this might be a very slightly low estimate) I can think of maybe half a dozen active posters including 2 Forum Hosts. Then we have a few more dropping in and out as they see fit.

WJC

Brigadier General
Thread Medic
Answered the Call for Reinforcements
Welcome! I look forward to your perspective in our discussions! Enjoy!

major bill

Colonel
Forum Host
Hello and welcome to the forum from Michigan. As I am sure you know, some member of Civil War Talk Forum will be meeting this fall at Vicksburg for our yearly gathering. I am still tying to decide if I want to attend.

As co host of the Uniforms and Relics Forum, I hope you can contribute to the Uniforms and Relics Forum If your are interested in Confederate uniforms worn at Vicksburg, there have been several threads on the subject. You can use the "search" to find these older threads. If there are any you can add something to, you can "bump" the thread (post on the old thread and the old thread will move to the top of the "New Posts").

Last edited:

Gundric

Cadet
Hello and welcome to the forum from Michigan. As I am sure you know, some member of Civil War Talk Forum will be meeting this fall at Vicksburg for our yearly gathering. I am still tying to decide if I want to attend.

As co host of the Uniforms and Relics Forum, I hope you can contribute to the Uniforms and Relics Forum If your are interested in Confederate uniforms worn at Vicksburg, there have been several threads on the subject. You can use the "search" to find these older threads. If there are any you can add something to, you can "bump" the thread (post on the old thread and the old thread will move to the top of the "New Posts").
Many thanks Major Bill, I will definitely look up that section of the forum. A trip to Vicksburg would be great, sadly I'm a very poor student for the next 3 years!