Hello from Alabama

I am the wife of Pvt. Brown of the 4th Alabama Infantry, Co. F.. Mr. Brown and I have been reenacting for about 3 years now, and still have so much to learn, which is how I stumbled across this place - doing research!

I have recently been appointed as head of our unit's women's auxiliary, and just found out that I have the honor of planning this year's ladies tea for the 2006 Decatur, Al event. So guess what I'm researching!

I look forward to learning from all of you, as I'm already doing, by having lurked here and there reading some of the many posts.

Thank you for allowing me to join your ranks.

Tina

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

johan_steele

Regimental Armorer
WElcome aboard! When I first became inyterested in Re-enacting I encountered the 4th AL & they left quite the positive impression... I had been told that the unit had disbanded... I wonder if your husbands unit is an off shoot or a new creation.

I hope you enhjoy the site and we look forward to your contributions.

larry_cockerham

Southern Gentleman, Lest We Forget, 2011
Honored Fallen Comrade
Welcome to our midst! We can use some more southern charm in this group. You'll find some rather knowledgeable folks as well as a few like me.

Greetings, Miss Belle. I spent a lovely day in Decatur when I took the Delta Queen riverboat trip. Instead of doing the planned shore activity, I had to find a store and buy some toothpaste!

Best Regards,
Zou

Welcome to the board Bama Belle, nice to have a fresh point of view on things. Enjoy your membership, nice friendly group here. Matt

Another Alabaman

Welcome to you. Spent three years at the USAF Chaplain School at Maxwell AFB in Montgomery. Found Southerners to be a polite and hospitable people! Hope to return for a visit again someday.

Wow! Thank you everyone for such a warm welcome.

johan_steele said:
WElcome aboard! When I first became inyterested in Re-enacting I encountered the 4th AL & they left quite the positive impression... I had been told that the unit had disbanded... I wonder if your husbands unit is an off shoot or a new creation.

I hope you enhjoy the site and we look forward to your contributions.
Sir, to my knowledge, there was once a split, but they never actually disbanded. Although, it could simply be before my time and I don't know about it.

Regardless, our guys are a great, friendly bunch.

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!