Hello from Alabama!

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

JCBozeman

Cadet
Hello from Central Alabama. Many of my Ancestors were Mustered in the 37th Alabama which was heavily involved with Vicksburg. Most were Captured there and I have copies of their Parole Papers. I have a cousin who was a Captain in the 44th Alabama, Captain David L. Bozeman. The 44th was sent up through Devil's Den which he survived and would later take a round in the hip at the Spotsylvania Court House Battle Spotsylvania Pennsylvania. I have copies of letters between he and Mary Ingram Bozeman his wife from his hospital time there. He died there so the hospital staff of course notified her that he was deceased. Me and my Dad found her grave in a Cemetery way back in the Woods in Farmersville, Alabama. Also, I was blessed to receive a Replica Battle Flag of the 37th Alabama thanks to Chip Culpepper who has a site concerning the 37th. Still learning and researching and always will be I guess. Salute to all and hope to learn a lot and meet new friends here. Attached is a photo of the resting place of my Great Grand Uncle I guess you would call him, noting his service with the 37th Alabama. Thanks for this Website. Grace and Peace to all! James Bozeman

Attachments

WJC

Major General
Thread Medic
Answered the Call for Reinforcements
Welcome! You have a great legacy collection! I look forward to your perspective in our discussions! Enjoy!

bdtex

Brigadier General
Silver Patron
Civil War Photo Contest
Annual Winner
Regtl. Quartermaster Chickamauga 2018 Vicksburg 2019
Thanks so much! Good Hope Cemetery is Covington County Alabama has many of my Ancestors resting there who were involved in multiple units. Quite the Emotional event to walk among them and Salute!

Thanks Again
Yessir it is. My ancestor in the 40th Alabama Infantry is buried in Carolina Baptist Church Cemetery in Covington County. Welcome to the forum.

IMG_20180412_151216349_HDR.jpg

GS

Retired User
Welcome, James Bozeman, :wavespin: from the heart of Alabama myself! You are a blessed man to have those artifacts and information of your forefathers.