Hello from a country boy in Afghanistan

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!
I just signed up for this message board today and wanted to say a big howdy to yall. My name is Sam and I am finishing up a tour in Afghanistan and headed home for some much needed R&R. I am a huge lover of the past. I wish I lived in the 1860's more than anything. I live, eat and breathe Civil War and Old West history. I feel privilidged to be among you educated Civil War buffs. I have briefly looked over some of your posts and have found some interesting info. Thanks.

johan_steele

Regimental Armorer
Retired Moderator
THanks for the compliment and welcome to this board. You are warned it can become an obsession... THank You for your service and God Bless.

unionblue

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Member of the Year
Confederate Outlaw,

Welcome to the board and thank you for your service to your country.

I hope you will join right in and get comfortable and I expect to hear you voice your views as soon as possible.

Welcome back!

Sincerely,
Unionblue

milhistbuff1

Sergeant
Sam,
Thank you for your service, we've plenty who have served, or are related to those who served, since the American Civil war, look forward to hearing your take on the various threads and in the chat room.
Matt

gary

Captain
Confederate Outlaw: Welcome to the board and thank you for your service to this nation in that far away distant land. Three Rebel yells for you!

lrd89

Cadet
Welcome to our group and thank you for what you are doing there. :thumbsup:
Be careful.
Roger

aggie80

Corporal
Thank you for your service. It is always good to know that there are those that continue to believe in this country and what it stands for and are willing to risk all for it.

From a fellow veteran,

johnnyreb

Cadet
1st , thank you for your service/sacrifices for they have not by all been taken for granted...... welcome to the boards one newcomer to another. johnnyreb:lee: