Hello fellow buffs

Hi, I'm Tom - I was raised in Maryland and now live in Louisiana, but travel all over the country for work. I've been a Civil War buff my entire life, having lived around the battlefields that saw much of the action. Recently, we finished building a house in Louisiana, so I am starting to have an interest in collecting relics. I wish I had time to dig, and that it was as easy as it used to be...but, for now I'm buying a few things here and there to display at my house. I am going to the Gettysburg show on June 3o and will also be there for re-enactment weekend. So far, I own one period gun - A Whitneyville M1841 Mississippi Rifle, forged in 1850. I have a period bayonet for a Springfield rifle, and a nice Union ammunition pouch w/tins - soon, I will have a rifle tool that was dug up near Mobile, AL. Fun stuff.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)
Hi, I'm Tom - I was raised in Maryland and now live in Louisiana, but travel all over the country for work. I've been a Civil War buff my entire life, having lived around the battlefields that saw much of the action. Recently, we finished building a house in Louisiana, so I am starting to have an interest in collecting relics. I wish I had time to dig, and that it was as easy as it used to be...but, for now I'm buying a few things here and there to display at my house. I am going to the Gettysburg show on June 3o and will also be there for re-enactment weekend. So far, I own one period gun - A Whitneyville M1841 Mississippi Rifle, forged in 1850. I have a period bayonet for a Springfield rifle, and a nice Union ammunition pouch w/tins - soon, I will have a rifle tool that was dug up near Mobile, AL. Fun stuff.
Nice stuff! Welcome from the Shenandoah valley the heart of the Old Dominion!

James N.

Major
Forum Host
Civil War Photo Contest
Annual Winner
Featured Book Reviewer
Hi, Tom - welcome to the forums from the host of the Stonewall Jackson Forum and an enthusiastic fellow collector!

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)