Hello, Everyone! I'm interested in verifying Portrait Images. -How is this done here? Thanks! -Blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
William Tecumseh Sherman ~Circa 1858~ Wearing a Full Beard. Injuries to his Face rec.'d at 10 Years of Age in a Horse Riding adventure Are Present in this long lost, Unpublished Portrait. -Blue.
I am done with this thread. I think you deliberately lack seriousness.

Expired Image Removed

HD_shermanWT2c.jpg

Seriousness is Not at All lacking in me. If anything is Lacking, it is Your Attention to detail. You are Welcome to Stay.. or to Return at Any Time.

If I'm understanding correctly, you look through unidentified period photos and, solely by physical resemblance, find ones you believe are famous people. There is no other provenance, no chain of ownership, and backmarks need not even be logical (Davis in Iowa). It's solely a process of finding photos whom you believe look like famous people.

While new photos of famous people do show up, it's often a once in a lifetime find, but you have dozens.

I Have Revised my Evaluations of This Image with the help I found in Your honestly expressed & accurate Comments.. read on!

Last edited:
Ok. I Fully Concede on this Image resembling William T. Sherman! There are Not enough Clearly Visible Facial Features in this washed-out cdv. I'm wrong to have thought that this image is Provable as him. Scars Are Visible, but Not Visible enough. The light on his ear renders it Non Comparable. I can't see Any Lines in his Forehead (on mine), let alone the Detailed Furrows on the the Getty, or Getty Like Images. If it Is him, there'll have to be A Lot more Visual Information brought-out from this image to go any distance toward Proving it -& I doubt there will be.. & it's probably more a case for The Opposite! The image Seemed to Fit, but is more like a puzzle piece that Doesn't, now that I tried it. This took a while for me to work-out, but I'm interested more in actual Visual Reality than in "being right" all the time. This Image is an Impressionistic -& Vague One, in comparison to those Getty Images. It does Not Pass my own Ideal Standards. Thank-You All, for Your Help. This is what I Came Here For! This has been a "Workshop" for me! Thanks for sounding your "Alarm Bells" on this one. I finally heard them! -Blue! -Ps: neither this, nor the Female (previously contested) are part of The Lot I found originally, & recently described here. This Man & That Woman were purchased speculatively, from 2 Different Sellers, just before I was accepted into This Group. Thanks Again, All!

Last edited:
Ok. I Fully Concede on this one. There are Not enough Clearly Visible Facial Features in this washed-out cdv. I'm wrong to have thought that this image is Provable as him. Scars Are Visible, but Not Visible enough. The light on his ear renders it Non Comparable. I can't see Any Lines in his Forehead (on mine), let alone the Detailed Furrows on the the Getty, or Getty Like Images. If it Is him, there'll have to be A Lot more Visual Information brought-out from this image to go any distance toward Proving it -& I doubt there will be.. & it's probably more a case for The Opposite! The image Seemed to Fit, but is more like a puzzle piece that Doesn't, now that I tried it. This took a while for me to work-out, but I'm interested more in actual Visual Reality than in "being right" all the time. This Image is an Impressionistic -& Vague One, in comparison to those Getty Images. It does Not Pass my own Ideal Standards. Thank-You All, for Your Help. This is what I Came Here For! This has been a "Workshop" for me! Thanks for sounding your "Alarm Bells" on this one. I finally heard them! -Blue! -Ps: neither this, nor the Female (previously contested) are part of The Lot I found originally, & recently described here. This Man & That Woman were purchased speculatively, from 2 Different Sellers, just before I was accepted into This Group. Thanks Again, All!
Stick around
It is fun

These are obviously random photographs being labeled as famous people. Locking thread while moderators discuss whether we will let the silliness continue.

Matt McKeon posting as moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back