Restricted Harriet Tubman Building vandalized

19thGeorgia

1st Lieutenant
"COLUMBIA, MD — The Howard County Police Department seeks the public's help in finding the person or people responsible for vandalizing the Harriet Tubman Building in Columbia this week. The building used to be a school for African American students in Howard County and was operational between 1949 and 1965.
But according to the police department, vandals went into the building, which is being restored and renovated into a cultural center and African American museum, and damaged historic artwork, windows and doors. Contractors told Fox45 that the "culprits likely entered the building through a crawl space."
https://patch.com/maryland/columbia/historical-harriet-tubman-building-vandalized-police

"COLUMBIA, MD — The Howard County Police Department seeks the public's help in finding the person or people responsible for vandalizing the Harriet Tubman Building in Columbia this week. The building used to be a school for African American students in Howard County and was operational between 1949 and 1965.
But according to the police department, vandals went into the building, which is being restored and renovated into a cultural center and African American museum, and damaged historic artwork, windows and doors. Contractors told Fox45 that the "culprits likely entered the building through a crawl space."
https://patch.com/maryland/columbia/historical-harriet-tubman-building-vandalized-police

This probably happened because of her association with John Brown. <sarcasm>

John Winn

Major
This is sad but, frankly, I'm not surprised. A lot of people are getting angry about statue removal and defacement and this is likely a revenge thing. It seems that an increasing number of people think mindless vandalism and violence are acceptable forms of protest and public comment; works both ways. It's an ugly world sometimes.

Viper21

Brigadier General
Silver Patron
This is sad but, frankly, I'm not surprised. A lot of people are getting angry about statue removal and defacement and this is likely a revenge thing. It seems that an increasing number of people think mindless vandalism and violence are acceptable forms of protest and public comment; works both ways. It's an ugly world sometimes.
I wouldn't bet on it. There's a lot more staged or fake stuff out there, than most want to admit. I can think of multiple cases right off the top of my head that made headlines, & weren't what they were initially thought to be. Some were quite public, & some not. Point being, I rarely believe what is reported these days.. especially when there's "outrage" involved.

Unfortunately true, if one advocates or defends civil disobedience, vandalism, riots, ect for one cause.........they shouldn't be surprised other causes will take it up as well, including causes you might not agree with.

PapaReb

First Sergeant
Considering the current state of affairs no act of vandalism surprises me any more. In these times those on the edges of mental and social instability can easily slip over that edge and commit acts that they would normally suppress.
Reconciliation is quickly slipping beyond our grasp.

huskerblitz

Major
I wouldn't bet on it. There's a lot more staged or fake stuff out there, than most want to admit. I can think of multiple cases right off the top of my head that made headlines, & weren't what they were initially thought to be. Some were quite public, & some not. Point being, I rarely believe what is reported these days.. especially when there's "outrage" involved.
I'll take that bet.