CWT Presents Harold M. Knudsen - The Confederacy's Most Modern General: James Longstreet and the American Civil War

Added to Calendar: 05/26/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

lelliott19

Brigadier General
* OFFICIAL *
CWT PRESENTER
Forum Host
Silver Patron
Regtl. Staff Chickamauga 2018
1621390568161.png

The Civil War is often called the first “modern war.” Sandwiched between the Napoleonic Wars and World War I, the Civil War spawned a host of “firsts” and is often looked upon as a precursor to the larger and more deadly 20th century conflicts. Confederate General James Longstreet made some of the most profound modern contributions to the art of war. Retired Lieutenant Colonel Harold M. Knudsen explains what he did and how he did it in The Confederacy’s Most Modern General: James Longstreet and the American Civil War.

LTC Knudsen is an Illinois native. His career spans twenty five years of active duty Army service, and includes seven resident career artillery, command and staff Army schools and colleges. He has many years of tactical experience in the integration of fire support into maneuver plans and fire control computation for cannon units. He spent nine years in Germany training tactics offensive armored warfare, as well as peace-keeping and counter-insurgency training. A combat veteran of Desert Storm, he performed extensive artillery fire planning and execution in support of the U.S. breakthrough of the Iraqi line and penetration into Iraq. He has also served in the Iraq Campaign. His years of staff work at the Corps, Army, and Pentagon levels give him a strong understanding of army operations from the lowest to highest levels.

REGISTER TO RESERVE YOUR SEAT
Seating is limited. You don't have to be a member of CivilWarTalk to attend.
Don't forget to mark the date on your calendar!

Hope everyone will plan to join us at 8:30 pm EDT on Wednesday, May 26th when our guest will be LTC Harold M. Knudsen to talk about his brand new book The Confederacy’s Most Modern General: James Longstreet and the American Civil War. The book is scheduled for release by Savas Beatie very soon so we will be among the very first to learn about it. Expect a big crowd!

REGISTER TO RESERVE YOUR SEAT

How did I miss this post! Lol. I've read his book and enjoyed it immensely. I may not be able to make the presentation unfortunately, but did I read somewhere that these presentations are recorded and available at a later date?

Hey Pete

Thanks for your reply. You must have Lt Col Knudsen's book confused with another? His is brand new. Hasn't even been released yet. Hope you can join us!

L

I purchased this book on Ebay back in December:

Screenshot_20210524-154448_eBay.jpg

Although now that you mentioned it... the book I have has "Revised Edition" on the front cover. Not sure if the new release differs from this book? I think it might even be signed by the Lt. Col as well. I'll have to double check.

Hello CivilWarTalk members.

If you are planning to join us tonight please do not delay. There are already 93 people registered and attendance is limited to 100.

REGISTER

Apologies to all for the technical issues with the Zoom platform tonight. The good news is that Lt Col Knudsen has contacted me and we will get a rescheduled date out ASAP. Again, it was an issue with the Zoom platform that wound up splitting our meeting. Some folks were able to remain in the meeting but more than 3/4 of us (including me) were booted out. When we tried to re-enter, we were being directed via Zoom to a different meeting with no connection to the room where Lt Col Knudsen was speaking. As soon as we have a new date, Ill let everyone know.

Again, it was an issue with the Zoom platform that wound up splitting our meeting. Some folks were able to remain in the meeting but more than 3/4 of us (including me) were booted out.
I got booted out, too. Too bad -- it was a great presentation! Looking forward to the reboot. (I was already formulating some questions!)

ARB

I got booted out, too. Too bad -- it was a great presentation! Looking forward to the reboot. (I was already formulating some questions!)

ARB
The recording stopped when we got booted too. 🤦‍♀️ So no recording for round 1. We will have to be sure to get a good recording on round 2.

Sorry for the system failure tonight everyone, looks like a Zoom Systemwide Failure with 3488 reports at the same time your meeting went down....

View attachment 402052

@LeesWarhorse So sorry this happened during your presentation!​
Wow. Thanks Mike. Lt. Col. Knudsen has agreed to provide us another opportunity. I will post the new date as soon as I have it. I should have a new date tomorrow

You forgot me... and I didn't get to attend due to family emergency. The pictures are from today at Gettysburg.

20210601_150736.jpg

20210601_150834.jpg

You forgot me... and I didn't get to attend due to family emergency.
Well then, you'll be glad to know that a regional Zoom outage interrupted the presentation and Lt Col Knudsen has agreed to a redo!

Saturday, June 12 at 6:30 pm CDT / 7:30pm EDT

New announcement and registration link.
https://civilwartalk.com/threads/re...longstreet-and-the-american-civil-war.185657/

Ya'll mark the new date on your calendar -- Saturday, June 12 at 6:30 central / 7:30 eastern!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back