Happy Valentine's Day from the Food Forum

donna

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
Hope you all have a Happy Valentine's Day. Here is recipe for some chocolate muffins.

2 tablespoons butter
1 cup sugar
3 eggs, separated
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup coffee
1 teaspoons cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla

Cream together the butter and sugar. Beat egg whites until stiff. Beat eat yolks until creamy. Add to sugar the egg yolks, then beat well. Add flour, coffee, cocoa, baking powder and vanilla till well blended. Fold in egg whites. Put into greased muffin tins and bake 20 minutes in a moderate oven. You can add more cocoa if you like.

After they cool a little decorate with red hots. This makes a nice Valentine Treat.

Yummy! Thanks Donna! :hungry: Here's a quick and easy Valentine's Day treat for dessert. You could even use raspberries if you wanted. Happy Valentine's Day!

Nutella Strawberry Puff Pastry Hearts

Yield: 1-2 Dozen

Ingredients
  • 1 box frozen puff pastry (thawed in fridge)
  • 1-2 cups Nutella
  • 4 tbsp berry sugar (for dusting)
  • 1 pint strawberries, sliced
  • 5 tbsp milk
Directions - http://www.alifewellconsumed.com/nutella-strawberry-puff-pastry-hearts/

Last edited by a moderator:
I very much despise .... them. They taste like the horrible medicine I had to take when I was a kid. It's a bit of an old joke on this forum. Now I suppose you'll be in the camp that teases me and posts recipes for them just to do so. Y'all know who you are !

That's most unfortunate :frown: I had nasty orange flavored medicine as a kid and sympathize since anything artificially orange tasting makes me queasy as a result.

I'll leave the teasing to just this once :whistling:

a_juicy_raspberry_for_valentines_greeting_card-rf5a6fe6b210a47a1b870bdb9974a41a2_xvuat_8byvr_324.jpg

Attachments

• a_juicy_raspberry_for_valentines_greeting_card-rf5a6fe6b210a47a1b870bdb9974a41a2_xvuat_8byvr_324.jpg
    a_juicy_raspberry_for_valentines_greeting_card-rf5a6fe6b210a47a1b870bdb9974a41a2_xvuat_8byvr_324.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 19
Back