Happy to Find Site

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!
I am happy to have found this site. My goal is to find a sword that my grandmother had that belonged her Great-grandfather, a Leutinent in The CSA!

It was engraved with his name: Lt. Thomas Gainer and had CSA on it as best as I recall. It was kept unceremoniously in a closet in her house. I would pull it out and play with it as a child. It disappeared many years ago after her death and I have only just started looking for it. Any help and direction to collectors would be greatly appreciated!

Robert Barnes

Thanks to you all! I live in N.W. Florida and the Gainer family were early settlers in the area around Washington and Bay Counties.

My grandmother was a member of the Daughters of the Confederacy, Daughters of the American Revolution, and the Order of the Eastern Star. She had us join the Children of the Confederacy and took us to numerous events and conventions in the 60's. I so much regret not having taken possession of the sword now.

luinrina

Sergeant Major
Forum Host
Silver Patron
Greetings from Germany and welcome aboard from The Traveler's Companion and Soldiers, Politicians, & Other Men forum! :smile: Good luck with your search.

WJC

Major General
Thread Medic
Answered the Call for Reinforcements
Welcome! Looking forward to your perspective in our discussions! Enjoy!

Ole Miss

2nd Lieutenant
Forum Host
Silver Patron
Welcome from the Shiloh/Pittsburg Landing Forum and North Mississipp! Be sure and visit the Forum soon
Regards
David