Hagy buildings?

demoderbydrvr

Private
So I am reading Pfanz account of Day 1 and I notice that the name Hagy keeps being mentioned?

I am having a hard time figuring out information about them. Where exactly were they and what happened to them?

Thanks!

So I am reading Pfanz account of Day 1 and I notice that the name Hagy keeps being mentioned?

I am having a hard time figuring out information about them. Where exactly were they and what happened to them?

Thanks!

The Hagy farm was located on the east side of the Mummasburg Road, near the right flank of Robinson's Division and the left flank of Schurz's Division. It's usually associated with the 45th New York's skirmishers who would fight against Blackford's Alabama Sharpshooters Battalion.

Ryan

Last edited:
David Hagy, also spelled Heagy. Surgeon William R. Whitehead of the 44th Virginia wrote: The medical wagon of the 44th Virginia, with some other wagons of our brigade, were stationed on the night of July 1 ... about a mile and a half slightly northwest of Gettysburg on the Mummasburg Road, at a place which, it is believed, was Heagy’s.

Whitehead's division (Johnson's) came in on the Mummasburg road around sunset on July 1 and halted for a time when it reached the town. The medical department's wagons would have been in the rear of the division, presumably close to Heagy's place, which is about one mile northwest of the town. I don't have anything specific on Heagy, but he might have been a tenant farmer as indicated on the Desjardin map.

Thanks for the info, no sooner did I ask that last night my copy of David G Martin's book arrived and has some good info on the Hagy farm

Back