Guns International Seller

jerryaustin

Private
Does anyone have any experience with or knowledge of this gentlemean on the Guns International web site? Might be doing business with him and wanted to make sure he was legit. Thanks in advance for any information provided.

Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 8.21.54 AM.png

Bonedaddy

Private
Don't have any personal dealings with him but I've seen several of his listings on that site for a good period of time. Not a bad price but looks like it might have been buffed at one time, especially the cylinder. That might account for the price of it. You might give him a call and ask if he believes the gun to have been overcleaned at one time, if that is a factor in your purchasing it. Good luck.

jerryaustin

Private
Don't have any personal dealings with him but I've seen several of his listings on that site for a good period of time. Not a bad price but looks like it might have been buffed at one time, especially the cylinder. That might account for the price of it. You might give him a call and ask if he believes the gun to have been overcleaned at one time, if that is a factor in your purchasing it. Good luck.
Thanks for your input. Yeah the gun looks like it has been vigorously cleaned at some point. I agree with you that this is probably the biggest factor for the relatively low price. However, the gun is in great mechanical shape and the grips look really nice. Not the best example of a Remington Army, but a good value. Thanks again.

johan_steele

Regimental Armorer
Retired Moderator
Jim is legit and a real gentleman. I’ve bought several things from him over the years as has my father and others I know of. I’ve never known of a negative report. You won’t be disappointed.

Last edited:

ucvrelics

Colonel
Forum Host
Regtl. Quartermaster Shiloh 2020
Asst. Regtl. Quartermaster Antietam 2021
If I might add, Your best bet is to attend some CW shows or major guns shows and just walk around and and learn. Most good dealers will be happy to spend some time with you and not just to sell you something. I know I do as well as others. You will find that we love the collecting hobby and are eager to share info.