Brev. Brig. Gen'l
- Apr 1, 2009
Title: [Brandy Station, Va. Guard mount of 114th Pennsylvania Infantry (1st Division, 3d Corps)]
Creator(s): O'Sullivan, Timothy H., 1840-1882, photographer Date Created/Published: 1864 March.
Medium: 1 negative : glass, wet collodion.
Summary: Photograph from the main eastern theater of war, winter quarters at Brandy Station, December 1863-April 1864.
Reproduction Number: LC-DIG-cwpb-04075 (digital file from original neg.) LC-B8171-7613 (b&w film neg.)
114th PA Regiment Organization, Service & Battles
- Organized at Philadelphia August, 1862.
- Left State for Washington, D.C., August 31, 1862.
- Duty at Fort Slocum, Defences of Washington, September, 1862.
- Attached to 1st Brigade, 1st Division, 3rd Army Corps, to March, 1864.
- Provost Guard, Headquarters Army of the Potomac, to March, 1865.
- Collins' Independent Brigade, 9th Army Corps, to April, 1865.
- 1st Brigade, 2nd Division, 5th Army Corps, to May, 1865.
- Service & Battles - 1862
- March up the Potomac to Leesburg,
- Thence to Falmouth, Va., October II-November 19, 1862,
- Battle of Fredericksburg, Va., December 12-15.
- Service & Battles - 1863
- Burnside's 2nd Campaign, "Mud March," January 20-24, 1863.
- At Falmouth till April.
- Chancellorsville Campaign April 27-May 6.
- Battle of Chancellorsville May 1-5.
- Gettysburg (Pa.) Campaign June 11-July 24.
- Battle of Gettysburg July 1-3.
- Pursuit of Lee July 5-24.
- Wapping Heights, Va., July 23.
- Duty on line of the Rappahannock till October.
- Bristoe Campaign October 9-22.
- Auburn October 13.
- Auburn and Bristoe October 14.
- Advance to line of the Rappahannock November 7-8.
- Kelly's Ford November 7.
- Mine Run Campaign November 26-December 2.
- Payne's Farm November 27.
- Service & Battles - 1864
- Demonstration on the Rapidan February 6-7, 1864.
- At Brandy Station till May, 1864.
- Assigned to duty as Provost Guard at Headquarters Army of the Potomac April 18.
- Rapidan Campaign May 4-June 12.
- Battles of the Wilderness May 5-7.
- Spottsylvania Court House May 8-21.
- Guinea Station May 21.
- North Anna River May 23-26.
- On line of the Pamunkey May 26-28.
- Totopotomoy May 28-31.
- Cold Harbor June 1-12.
- Before Petersburg June 16-18.
- Service & Battles - 1865
- Siege operations against Petersburg and Richmond June 16, 1864, to April 2, 1865.
- Garrison and Provost duty at City Point, Va., June 18, 1864, to March 28, 1865.
- Assault on and fall of Petersburg April 2.
- Occupation of Petersburg April 3.
- Moved to Washington, D.C., May 1-12.
- Grand Review May 23.
- Mustered out May 29, 1865.
- Regimental Losses
- Regiment lost during service 7 Officers and 66 Enlisted men killed and mortally wounded and 1 Officer and 37 Enlisted men by disease. Total 111.