Group Name Officially Changed

CivilWarTalk

Lieutenant General
- ★★★ -
Managing Member & Webmaster

@=EditorCorps

Well, I've gone and done a thing. We needed a name and now our group is called the "Editor Corps". I think that works. Sorry the past names we discussed just never quite fit, but after thinking and thinking, this is where I ended up. I hope it's okay!

I need to make sure I introduce everyone to each-other, we've added a few people independently... Let me welcome our newest Members!

I'm @CivilWarTalk and I will specialize in organizing, promoting, and linking pages together.

@gentlemanrob is of course specializing in Biographies, in particular Southern Biographies and photos.

@JPK Huson 1863 is part of our group, she will be helping with TAGS once I get that working properly, and she's also been helping with geneology research and anywhere else she can help.

I've recently added @NH Civil War Gal and @IndianaBoy to our group, but I don't yet know what parts of our research they would like to help with yet, and to be honest, I think I need to give them the grand tour!

And that's all of us so far.

gentlemanrob

Brigadier General
Forum Host
Look's good I like the name welcome everyone I could always use some help with profiles and pictures. I enjoy doing profiles on anyone I can long as I have pictures which I have a ton but some states are hard to get to since I live in the deep south.

CivilWarTalk

Lieutenant General
- ★★★ -
Can I have an aide with the profiles and pictures part?
Sure, it anyone wants to volunteer, once you have a volunteer I would suggest starting a thread in this forum, and post what you need to.

If you need me to move your submission forum in here so the other editor members can see your posts, we can do that.

As far as I can see I, and supposedly the others, can only edit posts here in this subforum. So I guess it would make sense to post new threads here first and move it to the other boards (which we apparently can do as well) once a satisfactory quality/detail is reached.

CivilWarTalk

Lieutenant General
- ★★★ -
As far as I can see I, and supposedly the others, can only edit posts here in this subforum. So I guess it would make sense to post new threads here first and move it to the other boards (which we apparently can do as well) once a satisfactory quality/detail is reached.
Actually, that's a good point, so I'd like to give editors free access to a few forums, lets see...

- https://civilwartalk.com/forums/biographies-of-the-civil-war.252/
- https://civilwartalk.com/forums/small-arms-profiles.265/
- https://civilwartalk.com/forums/artillery-profile.264/
- https://civilwartalk.com/forums/civilwartalk-editor-corps.75/
- https://civilwartalk.com/forums/civilwartalk-cornerstone-content.136/

Perhaps also all the forums inside: https://civilwartalk.com/forums/the-civil-war-from-a-to-z.41/

We will need to figure out what other forums need to be built to put content in, and where to put them, like:

Naval Ship Profiles Forum
Battlefield Summaries
Monuments at the Battlefield Profiles (Like Gettysburg)​

We may start forums like these inside this forum, so we can work on them. I have a ton of monument profiles I want to transfer from the wiki. I'm sure members will want to add their own personal photos and info to the profiles too.

FYI, my intention eventually is to close the Wiki, and just point the domain to the forum.

gentlemanrob

Brigadier General
Forum Host
Sure, it anyone wants to volunteer, once you have a volunteer I would suggest starting a thread in this forum, and post what you need to.

If you need me to move your submission forum in here so the other editor members can see your posts, we can do that.

I will find someone I have a couple of people in mind of course if anyone wants to volunteer I am all for it. I am totally ok with moving that folder just make sure it stays somewhere I can easily locate.

CivilWarTalk

Lieutenant General
- ★★★ -
So, okay, all editors should now be able to edit in here and in the Biography forum, I'll get to the others soon as well.

However, editors aren't moderators, so you still can't edit just anything.

However, you should be able to "Group Edit a Post" and we should experiment with that. I'll setup our first Group Edit Thread in a moment. We can all try to join and edit the First post in the thread.

CivilWarTalk

Lieutenant General
- ★★★ -
I will find someone I have a couple of people in mind of course if anyone wants to volunteer I am all for it. I am totally ok with moving that folder just make sure it stays somewhere I can easily locate.
I'm pretty fast, I already moved it here, and I think all the editors can see it.

As, I just explained, unless you open a thread to group editing, your posts are probably all still closed.

Unless I misunderstood how this works, or I gave editors too many permissions, we shall see!

gentlemanrob

Brigadier General
Forum Host
So, okay, all editors should now be able to edit in here and in the Biography forum, I'll get to the others soon as well.

However, editors aren't moderators, so you still can't edit just anything.

However, you should be able to "Group Edit a Post" and we should experiment with that. I'll setup our first Group Edit Thread in a moment. We can all try to join and edit the First post in the thread.

Sounds good to me I am looking forward to this new system I really see a success in the long run with this. I am sure we will be adding more people that we can think of all the time.

CivilWarTalk

Lieutenant General
- ★★★ -