Grierson’s Raid

TheRealMrHoward

Private
I am reading The Real Horse Soldiers by Timothy B. Smith.

Interested in following in his footsteps so to speak. I was curious to see if anyone knows if there is much to see? Google has turned up mostly just some historic markers. Also looks like the town of Newton has the historic train depot.

Also can any Mississippians recommend culinary specialties or restaurants in that part of the state?

Thanks!

I am reading The Real Horse Soldiers by Timothy B. Smith.

Interested in following in his footsteps so to speak. I was curious to see if anyone knows if there is much to see? Google has turned up mostly just some historic markers. Also looks like the town of Newton has the historic train depot.

Also can any Mississippians recommend culinary specialties or restaurants in that part of the state?

Thanks!
Catfish, BBQ, and Fried Chicken, as long as you don't patronize fast food franchises.
Ask locals if there are any "home cooking" restaurants that they like.
If you get a chance "soul food" can be great, although strangers to the south can be wary of eating what seems to them to be unfamiliar cuisine.

I am responding just to bump your thread because I know there are Grierson fans in our group who can help you. They just haven't seen your thread yet, but they will.

Back