Greetings from Russia to the best forum on the Civil War history!

Hello from California!
Привет из Калифорнии! (Privet iz Kalifornii!)

You and your country have a bit of a history in North America, we acquired Alaska from your country and you explored a bit of my home state like Fort Ross and we used to be allies during the Civil War though not directly fighting with us.

У вас и вашей страны небольшая история в Северной Америке, мы приобрели Аляску в вашей стране, и вы исследовали части моего родного штата, такие как Форт Росс, и мы были союзниками во время гражданской войны, хотя мы не сражались напрямую с нами. (U vas i vashey strany nebol'shaya istoriya v Severnoy Amerike, my priobreli Alyasku v vashey strane, i vy issledovali chasti moyego rodnogo shtata, takiye kak Fort Ross, i my byli soyuznikami vo vremya grazhdanskoy voyny, khotya my ne srazhalis' napryamuyu s nami.)
Sure for Alyaska - but I meant that Russia was not almost absolutely involved in hostilities. The only was done - some support by sending 2 cruisers Baltic fleet Squadrons. It played a role of deterioration for England and prevented th UK from getting directly involved in hostilties.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)

BlueandGrayl

First Sergeant
Sure for Alyaska - but I meant that Russia was not almost absolutely involved in hostilities. The only was done - some support by sending 2 cruisers Baltic fleet Squadrons. It played a role of deterioration for England and prevented th UK from getting directly involved in hostilties.
I meant that Russia was not directly involved in the war but gave small aid.

Norm53

Corporal
Hello from California!
Привет из Калифорнии! (Privet iz Kalifornii!)

You and your country have a bit of a history in North America, we acquired Alaska from your country and you explored a bit of my home state like Fort Ross and we used to be allies during the Civil War though not directly fighting with us.

У вас и вашей страны небольшая история в Северной Америке, мы приобрели Аляску в вашей стране, и вы исследовали части моего родного штата, такие как Форт Росс, и мы были союзниками во время гражданской войны, хотя мы не сражались напрямую с нами. (U vas i vashey strany nebol'shaya istoriya v Severnoy Amerike, my priobreli Alyasku v vashey strane, i vy issledovali chasti moyego rodnogo shtata, takiye kak Fort Ross, i my byli soyuznikami vo vremya grazhdanskoy voyny, khotya my ne srazhalis' napryamuyu s nami.)
"You and your country have a small history in North America, we acquired Alaska in your country, and you explored parts of my home state, such as Fort Ross, and we were allies during the civil war, although we did not fight directly with us."

How was Russia an ally of US during the Civil War?

Norm

Norm53

Corporal
Я вижу, что здесь есть участники форума, которые говорят по русски! Доброго времени суток!
I see that there some forum participants speaking Russian! Good day to you! And to all participants regardless the native language)
Я только читаю русский, а не говорю на нем. То же самое для французского, испанского, итальянского, португальского, немецкого. Таким образом я получаю доступ к источникам, но у меня нет возможности взаимодействовать с ораторами, чтобы тренировать свой ум для этого способа общения.
I only read Russian, not speak it. Same for French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, German. That way I get to get to the sources, but have no way to interact with speakers to train my mind for that mode of communication.

How did you become interested in the American Civil War?
Karen Lips. I did my personal research on battleships and ironclads, armored and battlecruisers laid down prior to 1921 now I have the collection of 1019 such ships drawn in a common style
1921b1-massachussetts.png
like this. And of course the Civil War is a significant part of that research. And grace to that forum I obtained exceptional information upon CSA naval construction.

Last edited:
Я только читаю русский, а не говорю на нем. То же самое для французского, испанского, итальянского, португальского, немецкого. Таким образом я получаю доступ к источникам, но у меня нет возможности взаимодействовать с ораторами, чтобы тренировать свой ум для этого способа общения.
I only read Russian, not speak it. Same for French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, German. That way I get to get to the sources, but have no way to interact with speakers to train my mind for that mode of communication.
Norm53, I know only English and French... I really wonder why we have supported the NUS. I guess that it was done just to make any harm to Britain (to revenge the Crimean invasion), that supported (of course to a certain extend) the CSA.

Norm53

Corporal
Karen Lips. I did my personal research on battleships and ironclads, armored and battlecruisers laid down prior 1921 now I have the collection of 1019 such ships drawn in a common style View attachment 297918 like this. And of course the Civil War is a significant part of that research. And grace to that forum I obtained exceptional information upon CSA naval construction.
Рассматривали ли вы показать, как железные клинки превратились в ваши линкоры, предполагая, что такая огромная задача возможна?
Have you considered showing how the ironclads evolved into your battleships, assuming that such an enormous task is possible?

Рассматривали ли вы показать, как железные клинки превратились в ваши линкоры, предполагая, что такая огромная задача возможна?
Have you considered showing how the ironclads evolved into your battleships, assuming that such an enormous task is possible?
Norm53, have a glance - from the 50-th second 8 minutes of 1019 battleships

Norm53

Corporal
Norm53, have a glance - from the 50-th second 8 minutes of 1019 battleships
Awesome and remarkable. I calculate that each drawing takes 1 month, so it took you 84.917 years to complete all 1019. Assuming that you began at the age of 20, you are 104.917 year old!

More seriously, starting with the Merrimack (Virginia), and limiting yourself to less than 100 vessels, show a progression to WWII battleships.

Another question: What about Union ships, beginning with the Monitor to the end of the CW, and then joining a common line as the U.S.A.?

Norm

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)