Greetings from Russia to the best forum on the Civil War history!

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!
Now my collection of images consists of 42 CSS battleships. + 1 laid down by the CSA and entered the USA fleet. So, I would appreciate any information enlarging that collection. I know about at least +12 laid down but never completed battleships more. That was a really GIANTIC work the confederates did and it is ommited... I was really astonished revealing that huge naval construction efforts.

Last edited:

Norm53

Sergeant
I tried to make the complete armoured ships from 1858-1921 DB. A did almost everything but wat what was my surprise when I came through the informtion here that CSS battleships were more than 4 in Conway's. Now I have drawn 40 (I also draw the ships that were not completed but laid down). I appreciate VERY MUCH the Forum information and I hope you will help me to find some missing information and to correct the existing. Thanks in advance)!
Добрый день
Norm

Patrick H

Lt. Colonel
Hello, Dimitry, and welcome from Missouri. Be sure to show your drawings and post inquiries in the Naval War Forum.

BlueandGrayl

First Sergeant
Hello from California!
Привет из Калифорнии! (Privet iz Kalifornii!)

You and your country have a bit of a history in North America, we acquired Alaska from your country and you explored a bit of my home state like Fort Ross and we used to be allies during the Civil War though not directly fighting with us.

У вас и вашей страны небольшая история в Северной Америке, мы приобрели Аляску в вашей стране, и вы исследовали части моего родного штата, такие как Форт Росс, и мы были союзниками во время гражданской войны, хотя мы не сражались напрямую с нами. (U vas i vashey strany nebol'shaya istoriya v Severnoy Amerike, my priobreli Alyasku v vashey strane, i vy issledovali chasti moyego rodnogo shtata, takiye kak Fort Ross, i my byli soyuznikami vo vremya grazhdanskoy voyny, khotya my ne srazhalis' napryamuyu s nami.)