Greetings from a Texan Lady!

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)
Howdy y'all! I am seeking any information, stories, posts, people, books, etc. concerning Hood's 5th Texas Bridgade, Company F. My great-great grandfather, TW Taylor (Thomas Ward Taylor) served in that division and made it all the way home. His brother, HL Taylor (Henry Leonidas Taylor) also served in that group, but sadly deserted and went home before it was done. I only have the info from his gravestone and what I've gleaned from records on Ancestry to go on on my gg grandfather. Hearing stories or accounts about anyone in that company might be as close to my relatives as I will ever most likely get. I appreciate any help y'all can give.

Thanks,

Sandi
Hi Sandi you posted on the CW forum a couple of years about your gg grandfather Thomas Ward Taylor of the 5th Texas Cav. , and that he was related to you. I’ve been collecting for almost 30yrs and came across his Bible with his name and regt written inside of it. I’ll take some pictures and post them. I’ll be more than happy to send you photos of the Bible. Thanks Bob

captaindrew

1st Lieutenant
Forum Host
Hi Sandi you posted on the CW forum a couple of years about your gg grandfather Thomas Ward Taylor of the 5th Texas Cav. , and that he was related to you. I’ve been collecting for almost 30yrs and came across his Bible with his name and regt written inside of it. I’ll take some pictures and post them. I’ll be more than happy to send you photos of the Bible. Thanks Bob
Welcome to the forum @Rbrtram and what an incredible find. This is an old thread and she probably won't see it but if you go to the inbox and start a conversation/PM with her hopefully she'll get the notification and see it.

Jimklag

Brigadier General
Forum Host
Silver Patron
Howdy y'all! I am seeking any information, stories, posts, people, books, etc. concerning Hood's 5th Texas Bridgade, Company F. My great-great grandfather, TW Taylor (Thomas Ward Taylor) served in that division and made it all the way home. His brother, HL Taylor (Henry Leonidas Taylor) also served in that group, but sadly deserted and went home before it was done. I only have the info from his gravestone and what I've gleaned from records on Ancestry to go on on my gg grandfather. Hearing stories or accounts about anyone in that company might be as close to my relatives as I will ever most likely get. I appreciate any help y'all can give.

Thanks,

Sandi
Howdy, Sandi, and welcome from the Railroads and Steam Locomotives forum.

CCMDCSA

Corporal

Thanks,

Sandi
Welcome to the group from Carroll county maryland good work on your research

alan polk

Sergeant Major
Wow. She has not been around for a couple of years. Maybe someone here knows how to get a hold of her and let her know....

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)