Greetings from a Texan Lady!

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)

bdtex

Brigadier General
Civil War Photo Contest
Annual Winner
Regtl. Quartermaster Chickamauga 2018
Howdy y'all! I am seeking any information, stories, posts, people, books, etc. concerning Hood's 5th Texas Bridgade, Company F. My great-great grandfather, TW Taylor (Thomas Ward Taylor) served in that division and made it all the way home. His brother, HL Taylor (Henry Leonidas Taylor) also served in that group, but sadly deserted and went home before it was done. I only have the info from his gravestone and what I've gleaned from records on Ancestry to go on on my gg grandfather. Hearing stories or accounts about anyone in that company might be as close to my relatives as I will ever most likely get. I appreciate any help y'all can give.

Thanks,

Sandi
As @AndyHall and @Nathanb1 said you should check out the Hood's Texas Brigade Association Reactivated. Members of the HTBAR are going on a guided battlefield tour of Chattanooga/Chickamauga next week. I reviewed the service record for your gg-grandfather that Andy posted. It's likely that he fought at Chickamauga. The record also shows that he was slightly wounded at The Wilderness battle in 1864. The HTBAR's Annual Symposium is in Huntsville in November. Information about it will soon be available and someone will post it here in CWT. Many of the HTBAR members are descendants,like you,of soldiers who fought in Hood's Texas Brigade,including the 5th Texas Infantry Regiment. Some of the members,like myself,are Associate Members who have no known ancestors who served in the Brigade but are still interested in it's history.

As @AndyHall and @Nathanb1 said you should check out the Hood's Texas Brigade Association Reactivated. Members of the HTBAR are going on a guided battlefield tour of Chattanooga/Chickamauga next week. I reviewed the service record for your gg-grandfather that Andy posted. It's likely that he fought at Chickamauga. The record also shows that he was slightly wounded at The Wilderness battle in 1864. The HTBAR's Annual Symposium is in Huntsville in November. Information about it will soon be available and someone will post it here in CWT. Many of the HTBAR members are descendants,like you,of soldiers who fought in Hood's Texas Brigade,including the 5th Texas Infantry Regiment. Some of the members,like myself,are Associate Members who have no known ancestors who served in the Brigade but are still interested in it's history.
(As a reference for interested parties...)

Do we have HTBAR members here who are willing to sponsor prospective Associate Members?

bdtex

Brigadier General
Civil War Photo Contest
Annual Winner

Do we have HTBAR members here who are willing to sponsor prospective Associate Members?
Besides myself,there are only 2 HTBAR members here in CWT that I know of. Trying to remember the CWT nickname of one of them. Nathanb1 is the other one.

bdtex

Brigadier General
Civil War Photo Contest
Annual Winner

If someone goes to the symposium and wants to join,a sponsoring member will step forward.

civilken

1st Lieutenant
Welcome from Pennsylvania you are the third Texan I said hello to today the last time we had this many Texans in Pennsylvania we had to hide the chickens. PS they got them anyway

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)