Greetings from a Texan Lady!

Howdy y'all! I am seeking any information, stories, posts, people, books, etc. concerning Hood's 5th Texas Bridgade, Company F. My great-great grandfather, TW Taylor (Thomas Ward Taylor) served in that division and made it all the way home. His brother, HL Taylor (Henry Leonidas Taylor) also served in that group, but sadly deserted and went home before it was done. I only have the info from his gravestone and what I've gleaned from records on Ancestry to go on on my gg grandfather. Hearing stories or accounts about anyone in that company might be as close to my relatives as I will ever most likely get. I appreciate any help y'all can give.

Thanks,

Sandi

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)

AndyHall

Colonel
Forum Host
000M.jpg

Welcome from Wet Texas, and a collateral descendant of a member of the Fourth Texas Infantry of Hood's Texas Brigade!

Last edited:

AUG

Major
Forum Host
Howdy and welcome from a fellow Texan! Lots of Texas Brigade fans here!

I see Legion Para already beat me to it but there's an upcoming book on the history of the 5th Texas Infantry, "The Bloody Fifth" by John F. Schmutz. Release date is now July 29 according to Amazon, but it keeps getting pushed back. Also highly recommend the other two accounts posted above.

There's also Joseph B. Polley's history of the Texas Brigade, which can be read online for free here:
https://archive.org/stream/cu31924032778817#page/n15/mode/2up

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)