Greeting from Fredericksburg VA. posted by FburgRob

FburgRob

Private
Interested in my ancestors and their Civil War activity with the 14th GA. Infantry. My great great grandfather was Pvt. A.J. Williams ( Adoniram Judson Williams). He enlisted on July 9th. 1861 with his brother Thomas W. Williams. Also enlisting was two of this first cousins Reuben and John W. Williams. Thomas W. Williams was killed at the battle of Chancellorsville on May 3, 1863. Reuben lost his left leg at the battle of Spotsylvania Court House. A.J. Williams and John W. Williams surrendered at Appomattox with the Army of Northern Virginia.
Another First cousin George W. Williams joined the 14th GA. in 1863 and died at the Petersburg breakout on April 3rd 1865. All were in Company A. Company A was known as the Volunteers. Any others with Ancestors in the 14th GA. ?

Welcome to the forum FburgRob.

welcome-header.jpg
14th.jpg

Live near the Spotsylvania. My distant cousin lost his left leg there. Pvt. Reuben Williams 14th GA. Infantry Co. A. Volunteers. He fought with Thomas's Brigade under A.P. Hill.
Love Spotylvania, great battlefield...One of the guys I worked with's GGG Uncle was taken POW there. (Pa regiment, can't remember which one)

Back