Great list of Midwest Events for 2017

LoriAnn

Retired User
A friend of mine who is a photographer put together this fantastic list of events in the Midwest for 2017. Do keep an eye on it throughout the year, as updates may be made. This list features the Civil War, WW1, WW2, and for some reason... a RedHead Days. (He must like red heads. :tongue: )

2017 Events thanks to Tom George Davison

This was posted on Facebook, but it was made public. In addition, several of the links go to group Facebook pages for more information.

If you are not on Facebook and cannot access something through this link, yet you are interested in a particular month and/or area, go ahead and contact me. I'll see if I can get you the details without Facebook being involved.

I shall be at some of these with my camera. :smile: If you see me, please stop me and say Hi. You will not be bugging me, I promise. I'm a people person and would love to meet you.

Biggest lesson learned today is that shooting outside is a whole new experience from shooting inside. I only have two photos to offer from Miller's March in Channahon, IL. We'll see what Meggie managed when she is done editing. :smile:

I like bridge shots. Here are the Yankees, marching away from us. That's what we get for being late!

Met a nice Confederate gentleman in the woods, who also happened to be running late. He was nice enough to let me get this photo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice shots, @LoriAnn!! Please post more from these events! I am happy to send bribes as needed. :smile:
Ha, thank you! I hope to improve my output in the future. No bribes necessary ~ I enjoy it.

A photographer friend (VERY talented) marched with the guys that day and put together an album: Miller's March 2017

He snapped a shot of Meggie and me as we tried to figure out our settings. He was also saying, "Hey, are you girls coming with for the whole 8 mile hike?"

Our response: :O o:

Ha, thank you! I hope to improve my output in the future. No bribes necessary ~ I enjoy it.

A photographer friend (VERY talented) marched with the guys that day and put together an album: Miller's March 2017

He snapped a shot of Meggie and me as we tried to figure out our settings. He was also saying, "Hey, are you girls coming with for the whole 8 mile hike?"

Our response: :O o:
That's awesome! I will be checking out all the photos. Thanks for sharing these!
Adam

And the last two from Miller's March ~ more gear shots from the back. (Of course we weren't going to hike with them. We were like, "Bye, men! We'll just photograph your butts!")

Figured some reenactors would like to see other reenactor "stuff". :wink: Both shots were by Megan.

My next event will be WW1-related. I'm hoping to take photos from the front this time. :tongue:

Last edited by a moderator:
Megan and I will definitely be at the Elgin event on Saturday, June 10th. If you're going, and you see us, feel free to stop and say hello. I have dark red hair, but Meggie has wild, bright red hair. You will be able to pick her out of the crowd easily!

If you are a reenactor, and we get shots of you, they are yours to keep if you like. If you would like the bigger photo file, let me know. :smile: The same goes for sutlers:

* If we post anything you'd like to use or...

* If we post anything you'd like us to take down...

please message me, either here or on Facebook, and I will be happy to accommodate.

I'm still learning, so who knows what I'll manage. But Meggie is pretty darn good. I'm looking forward to her shots more than anything!

We're going to be at Wauconda's Civil War Days this weekend! :dance:

This one is special for me, as this is where my ancestor lived when he volunteered. He was a farmer in Lake County.

I will definitely be there on Saturday. Sunday is up in the air ~ I'm supposed to be at our local Ren Faire, but I'm seriously considering splitting my time that day.

As always, if you see me, please stop and say Hi. I don't bite.

Coming up: July 22 and 23 in Lombard, IL ~ includes reenactments and dance lessons! Hopefully not at the same time.

Have fun. I would come down there too except my wife has plans for me this weekend.
I think there is one closer to you coming up. That would be much easier to plan for, as the drive shouldn't be bad. I'm lucky to be centrally located to a lot of these.

Back