1. Welcome to the CivilWarTalk, a forum for questions and discussions about the American Civil War! Become a member today for full access to all of our resources, it's fast, simple, and absolutely free!
Dismiss Notice
Join and Become a Patron at CivilWarTalk!
Support this site with a monthly or yearly subscription! Active Patrons get to browse the site Ad free!
START BY JOINING NOW!

Great list of Midwest Events for 2017

Discussion in 'Events, Living Histories, and Reenactments' started by LoriAnn, Feb 10, 2017.

1. LoriAnn

LoriAnn 1st Lieutenant

A friend of mine who is a photographer put together this fantastic list of events in the Midwest for 2017. Do keep an eye on it throughout the year, as updates may be made. This list features the Civil War, WW1, WW2, and for some reason... a RedHead Days. (He must like red heads. :tongue: )

2017 Events thanks to Tom George Davison

This was posted on Facebook, but it was made public. In addition, several of the links go to group Facebook pages for more information.

If you are not on Facebook and cannot access something through this link, yet you are interested in a particular month and/or area, go ahead and contact me. I'll see if I can get you the details without Facebook being involved.

I shall be at some of these with my camera. :smile: If you see me, please stop me and say Hi. You will not be bugging me, I promise. I'm a people person and would love to meet you.

amweiner, bdtex and Mike Serpa like this.

2. (Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)
  3. LoriAnn

LoriAnn 1st Lieutenant

I'm planning on exercising some photog muscles at the Miller's March event on Sunday, March 19. If I'm lucky, I'll have my daughter and her much better photography skills with me. Then we'll have a chance at some decent shots!

4. LoriAnn

LoriAnn 1st Lieutenant

Biggest lesson learned today is that shooting outside is a whole new experience from shooting inside. I only have two photos to offer from Miller's March in Channahon, IL. We'll see what Meggie managed when she is done editing. :smile:

I like bridge shots. Here are the Yankees, marching away from us. That's what we get for being late!

[​IMG]

Met a nice Confederate gentleman in the woods, who also happened to be running late. He was nice enough to let me get this photo:

[​IMG]

5. Albert Sailhorst

Albert Sailhorst 2nd Lieutenant

The list has 2 at Dollinger Farms, both different dates in October. All I can say is that my unit is scheduled to be there Oct. 21 and 22 (I hope we will go on the right weekend!).
    Thanks for the link!

LoriAnn likes this.
  6. LoriAnn

LoriAnn 1st Lieutenant

I hope to be there with my camera. :thumbsup:

Albert Sailhorst likes this.
  7. Albert Sailhorst

Albert Sailhorst 2nd Lieutenant

Hope to see you! :smile:

LoriAnn likes this.
  8. amweiner

amweiner Corporal

Nice shots, @LoriAnn!! Please post more from these events! I am happy to send bribes as needed. :smile:

LoriAnn likes this.
  9. LoriAnn

LoriAnn 1st Lieutenant

Ha, thank you! I hope to improve my output in the future. No bribes necessary ~ I enjoy it.

A photographer friend (VERY talented) marched with the guys that day and put together an album: Miller's March 2017

He snapped a shot of Meggie and me as we tried to figure out our settings. He was also saying, "Hey, are you girls coming with for the whole 8 mile hike?"

Our response: :O o:

10. amweiner

amweiner Corporal

That's awesome! I will be checking out all the photos. Thanks for sharing these!
    Adam

LoriAnn likes this.
  11. LoriAnn

LoriAnn 1st Lieutenant

And the last two from Miller's March ~ more gear shots from the back. (Of course we weren't going to hike with them. We were like, "Bye, men! We'll just photograph your butts!")

Figured some reenactors would like to see other reenactor "stuff". :wink: Both shots were by Megan.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My next event will be WW1-related. I'm hoping to take photos from the front this time. :tongue:

donna and amweiner like this.
  12. amweiner

amweiner Corporal

Would be interesting to know what the fellow above did to his tin cup. It looks ferklempt.

LoriAnn likes this.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)