Great Granny's Syrup Cookies

donna

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
My Granny had this recipe from her Mom. It is a tasty cookie and easy to make.

2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup syrup
1/4 cup water
1 egg

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Sift all the dry ingredients together. Cream sugar and shortening together and then add egg and syrup and mix together well. Then add this mixture to dry ingredients and mix well. Drop by spoonfuls on cookie sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.

My Granny had this recipe from her Mom. It is a tasty cookie and easy to make.

2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup syrup
1/4 cup water
1 egg

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Sift all the dry ingredients together. Cream sugar and shortening together and then add egg and syrup and mix together well. Then add this mixture to dry ingredients and mix well. Drop by spoonfuls on cookie sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
Would you use corn syrup for this or the good old fashioned southern syrup.?

This is a great recipe! Thanks for sharing it. It's a little similar to Snickerdoodles given the sugar, flour and cinnamon combination. I'm going to have to try it when thing cool down a bit, it's still kind of warm here at 70. Saturday is calling for 75! I need some cooler temps before I start feeling my baking mojo again! :wink:

This is a great recipe! Thanks for sharing it. It's a little similar to Snickerdoodles given the sugar, flour and cinnamon combination. I'm going to have to try it when thing cool down a bit, it's still kind of warm here at 70. Saturday is calling for 75! I need some cooler temps before I start feeling my baking mojo again! :wink:
I also was thinking of snicker doodles when I saw this,great minds think alike.

Back